Did you know returning from 4 wonderful, fun packed days off is hard? I return late last night from a wonderful trip with my sister and BIL. The main reason for this little excursion was our niece's best friend's wedding. So we hooked up the trailer and off we went to Northwest Washington. The Skagit Valley area to be exact. Wow, is all I can say as to how beautiful it was. But first you will need to indulge me with a few wedding photos since this was the main purpose of the trip.
It wasn't, "Going to the chapel and gonna get married" Yes, I know that is dating me with those lyrics. It was more like going 3 miles up a gravel road into the mountains. We broke out into a clearing of Moon Mountain Lodge. A very rustic setting it was. We had to fire up the generator for power to the guest house where the bride and bridesmaids got ready for the big events. My sister and I had volunteered to help decorate, food or what ever the brides mother wants us to do.
Our first task was to put pictures on old window frames. First we had to secure the frames on the clothesline. It became apparent my sister and I weren't very trusting of the weight and light weight wire they used to hang the windows. We could just see disaster waiting to happen, which almost happen as one window came crashing down. Thank goodness for my sisters quick reaction and saved the day or window as it was.
It was very difficult to get a picture since it was VERY rustic, weeds and all. So we tried it at an angle.
I think you get the idea. They wanted old insulators as vases so my sister macrame a jute basket while I held on to them. Can you see why we were concerned about weight.
We added sweet peas for the final touch. The pictures were secured with magnets on both sides of the glass. One project done. Now we move onto the arbor. We just added a bit of burlap so it wasn't so stark white and blended more into the rustic,
A cute window with their initials and it was done.
Of course I'm not showing all the last minute pinning the bridesmaids under garments out of site. Wouldn't it be nice if young gals understood you make the dress and you impress on them to wear the bra you plan on wearing the day of the wedding for the final fitting. My sister made three of the four dresses.
It is time for the wedding!
Our sweet bride and groom as they say their I do's!
Our niece made the wedding cake. She said that the bride wanted a naked red velvet cake. Now do any of you know what a naked cake is. In my mind I was thinking a total frosted smooth cake with absolutely no decorating on it. No waves, swirls, dots and no cake topper. I was wrong! A naked cake is just that, NAKED. No frosting what so ever on the outside. Our niece is a little bit of a perfectionist and not being able to frost the cake was very stressful to her. We had to remind her if the bride wanted a perfect cake we wouldn't be up here in this rustic mountain site. I personally think the cake turned out perfect!
Our niece freehand the tandem bike out of white chocolate and put their initials for the front spokes, another request of the bride.
I have several more of the special day and may save them for a latter post. But I must not forget
The reason we were there! Our niece and the bride!
Next post will be; we did play tourist while on our mini vaca!
Enjoy June







First, I have to apologize. I thought I was following you and then because I lost my blog when I was redoing it :( I had to reload the blogs I follow then you sent the email and I realized you weren't on my list. When I shut down blog for all those months last year or more, I lost so much and some of it I'm just now figuring out. Fixing that.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful wedding! I love them outdoors and I love them creative and not overdone.
I missed this post. What a fun wedding. I went to one last week-end where they used a banner to put pictures on. That would have been less weight, hah. Love this rustic wedding. Can't wait to see more. Love the setting. It reminds me of my daughters.....on a dude ranch at the COntinental Divide. The wedding was up a steep hill (we had to be driven up in a land rover) in a chapel that only held 30. The reception was back on the ranch. It was beautiful.
ReplyDelete