We spent one day sightseeing out toward Pudget Sound. We traveled west to what is called Deception Pass which allows us to cross over to Whidbey Island. It is the inlet to Skagit Bay. I think I already told you I'm in love with Skagit Valley.
The picture is a little hazy but do you see that bridge which we are about to go over. Boy! what some views!
This is looking out to the Sound from up top of the passage. It was gorgeous!
This was a huge boat or yacht coming into the passage. Too bad you can't see the size.
I know it is hard to see but can you see all those boats below fishing. Hopefully they caught a few.
These are the boats that were fishing and yes, we were clear up there. What an awesome area!
My brother in law and I were walking the shore looking for agates and pretty rocks. Oh yes, Jazi was help too!
My sister and BIL enjoying the lovely weather and watching boats come and go. Notice Mr. Zorro in the lower corner, Jazi's buddy.
We moved on to the picnic area which was out on the shoreline of the Sound. We enjoyed home canned tuna sandwiches which was so much better than any greasy fried food. Yep, that's me watching more boats.
This is our view from our picnic table. Now who couldn't sit here and take in this view.
I think I could have spent the whole day there just watching boats. But we finally pulled ourselves away and were on to our next venture.
Can you say I had fun, oh YES!
Enjoy June










Such a lovely area, I miss it! I always loved the water in the Seattle area, more than anything else.
ReplyDeleteJune we are related I am sure,, I love Love LOVE the skagit valley and ocean and Puget Sound too. Haven't been there in awhile but will make sure to add it to my mini trip lists... after the Australia Trip In October and Kauai in November...Sure Looks like you really enjoyed the wedding and beach trip..
ReplyDeleteCheryl
I have never been to Washington state but boy do i ever want to make there soon. Beautiful pictures.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to go there. One corner of the country I haven't been to.
ReplyDeleteI have a little of the ASCP in the red......not sure the name of it. I could paint something in that color and send it to you. I know that Miss Mustard Seed has the tricycle red. I haven't heard great things about the milk paint yet.
Thanks for stopping by COzy Blanket.