Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, September 17, 2012

Granddaughter Weekend!

It is always fun to have granddaughters to entertain me for the weekend. This weekend was full of that plus visiting an organic heritage farm.  But first we had to start our weekend with breakfast.
I started this some years ago making animal pancakes. I let them choose which animal they want from my collection of rings.
This morning it was bunny rabbits.  Yes, there is a little trick to get them not to stick to the mold.
Then it is a little butter and maple syrup.  I know not the most nutritious but I'll leave that to their Mom.  Grammie's gets to spoil.

Then it was out side later in the morning to have out snack or tea time as they called it.
It is amazing to listen to them and the imagination they come up with.  The new seating area turned into a tea room for the morning.

Then it was off to Luscher Farm to view a very large community garden, children garden, animal petting and to learn healthy snacks.

They enjoyed petting the animals!
Doing crafts!
Feeding chicken and pigeons!
Seeing pretty flowers and running on all the paths!

Another reason I want to go was to check out Farmmade's booth.  You can check out there web and blog to learn more about this market place for all Farm made products. blog.farmmade.com
I had to take a picture of these wonder gals especially for one of my favorite blog buddies.  You will have to stop by Deborah Jean and check out her blog.  Can I move into her flower garden??? http://deborahjeansdandelionhouse.blogspot.com/

This is Amber on the left, Patty in the middle and her daughter on the right.  What a delight it was to meet these gals.

I ended my weekend with losing one granddaughter and picking up another.  And it was off to the pet store. 

They sure wanted to take these bunnies home!  But I let Mom and Dad off the hook and left the bunnies at the pet store.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  As for this Grammie it is now recuperation from all the energy of Granddaughters!

Enjoy June








2 comments:

  1. Hi June,
    How wonderful that you were able to share this day with your grands! The photo at the bottom of them with the bunnies is darling...Thank you for sharing your day her on your blog... I feel like I got to go despite being 3000 miles away! Thanks again June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun. I love doing fall things like that with my girls that are here. Going to COlorado in October so will be able to do some fun things there with the other 4.

    ReplyDelete