I have been enjoying these last days of summer but still dreaming they would last forever. It has been beautiful here with warm days and cool evenings. Well, almost too cool! I've been covering my tomato plants at night in hopes that the rest of them will ripen. Come this weekend I should have another canner full and that will make me happy. I love having my own canned tomatoes in the pantry.
I plan to visit a farm this weekend to learn more about gardening and preserving. You can check it out for yourself by going to: http://www.ci.oswego.or.us/luscher I can't seem to get it to link so I guess you will have to do a copy and paste. I will have two little grand daughters with me this weekend and they have a lot of children activities including a petting zoo, children's garden and crafts. It should be fun.
This past week I have been busy with some sewing projects and doing a little more canning. Where has this canning bug come from? In my earlier years I thought canning was a lot of work. Now I find it fun. Just being in my kitchen, music on and just puttering or frittering away. Then the end results is something like this.
I now have 14 pints of pears and 6 1/2 pints of pear butter. The pears were given too me and definitely organic. No spraying what so ever, so cutting out a few worm holes I did! I had one jar that didn't seal so I had cottage cheese with pears for lunch. Yum, Yum!! Come this winter I know I will be enjoying these!
What are your weekend plans? I simply plan on enjoying it!
Enjoy June

Wow those pears and butter look awesome. Love it that you are filling the pantry and will enjoy the summer fruits all year.
ReplyDeleteQuestion. Could you give info or post the recipe how to make the pear butter. It sounds delicious and I have a friend that bought a home with a pear tree. She has a bounty. I didn't even realize pears grew so well in this part of Oregon.
It's all good! I love to look at my canned good knowing exactly what was put into it. What a sense of accomplishment.
ReplyDeleteHave fun with those g'kids this weekend! I know you will.