That is the best description of my Thanksgiving I can give. But was it ever fun and relaxing. Well, that is once I arrived over the snowy mountain pass. It is always a challenge this time of the years as to which mountain pass to go over to get to Central Oregon. I choose correctly this year and it was a wonderful trip. The trees were beautiful with snow but the roads were clear.
We had a wonderful ham which is not my usual turkey meal I prepare. No mash potatoes or gravy but hash brown casserole. We call it Aunt Hazels potatoes for that is where we got the recipe. But our Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful.. It is all about who is sitting at the table and not so much what you are eating.
Of course the day was spent with watching football games on TV. Yes, that is a tradition, well at least for the guys. Us girls did more visiting then watching.
We took a little time to get outside and my grandson wanted to ride his new dirt bike. Why is it when my boys were little and riding, no big deal. But watching my little 8 year old grandson ride I say a little prayer for no injuries.
His comment " did you see me catch air"? Oh yes I did as I was holding my breath!
We did a little Black Friday shopping but not the wee hours of the morning. We still manage to get what was on our list and not fight the crowds. I certainly don't like the stores opening on Thanksgiving. Can't they let their employees have a day with family? I guess it is the almighty dollar they see, Grrr!
Mainly our weekend was spent curled up, snuggling and visiting. So relaxing!!!
So far brother and sister still get along and can share a chair together. Yep, we had some pretty lazy time with family!
I'm back home and am ready to start decorating for Christmas. I was a little bit of a bah hum bug last year and I have decided this year will be different.
This morning is back to normal. A good cup of coffee while checking in with all my blog friends who I have missed over the holidays. This is my normal morning ritual!!
Enjoy your day!
June



Glad you had a good time. Getting back in the grove is always tough....more holidays soon. :)
ReplyDeleteAw..that's so sweet-brother and sister sharing the same seat!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving, now onward to Christmas.
To me, it sounds like a Thanksgiving dinner just for me. I love ham and love tater tots so it would be a win-win for me : ) I know what you mean about worrying more over the little grands than over our own children. I am so like that too. I think my girls must get so tired of me saying things like...do you think it's a good idea to let them do that? They comeback is always...that is nothing compared to what we did growing up on the farm! SO true-case closed!
ReplyDeleteI plan on getting all the decorating finished tomorrow. I am so tired of looking at all the stacked up tubs where ever you look. I am so surprised Dale hasn't said anything yet.
It's always great to come over and catch up with you June. I appreciated the dear comments you leave for me. I smile every time I see your name come up in my comment list.
much love from me...