Now you add this to putting up a fake Christmas tree for the first time in my entire life. I've always had a real tree. After Christmas last year I made this decision for it was getting harder to venture out to a Christmas tree farm and get my own. Again if there wasn't someone at the farm with a chainsaw it would take me forever. So it is up and I don't like it. I'm hoping once I get some ornaments on it I may change my mine. Sure doesn't smell like a real tree!!!
I purchase two new ornaments this year and they are the only decorations on the tree.
This little camper is from Hallmark. It is part of their Happy Camper series. You insert a light into it and the windows glow.
I also found this little sparkly one to add to my tree!
I have high hopes this weekend will hold decorating, peppermint mocha's, Christmas music playing and watching many of Christmas movies on Hallmark channel. Oh course, I could hope for snow but we will only get rain. Oh yes, I do need to do some shopping. Anyone want to volunteer?
So are your decoration up?????
June


Where do I start? If I was just a bit closer I would help but I don't know how my 5'3 would be getting to your top shelf in the garage :) I'd try. I'd try.
ReplyDeleteI love those camper ornaments. Adorable!
I'm so sorry you have tendinitis. Is it worse when it rains? I hear you about the weekend rain. I'm soooo over this year's rain and it's only early Dec. Luckily we are going south to CA for Christmas so I will get sun then.
I LOVE Hallmark movies. The feel good is perfect on a lazy rainy day. Skipping the popcorn. I made the mistake of eating an entire bag of olive oil Trader Joes popcorn and never want to eat popcorn again. Try that brand if you can get it, it's fabulous, but addictive.
Hugs to you this Saturday morning.
Marla
'Life your life and forget your age.' Whoever wrote that one, didn't know anything...about getting old...now really! We all have little things that stop us from doing.... I totally know where you are coming from. I too am procrastinating....no decorating done yet. This is always a tough time of year, for me.
ReplyDeleteYour little trailer ornaments are adorable!
Keeping hanging in there! Just hang an ornament or two a day...and soon it will be done.
Oh you sound a little down. I had tendonitis or tennis elbow in both elbows at Christmas time. Not fun......but you have a good excuse for not getting things done. Help will surely come your way sooner or later. I have been decorating very slowly this year. So much better than having stuff everywhere and getting stressed out.
ReplyDeleteThe Hallmark camper ornament was on someon else's blog today. I guess that means I need to get one.
Feel better. You can get a shot in the joint......or have you already. (((((HUGS)))))
June, you are not old! Ok, we're not whippersnappers anymore, but I know what you mean about all the darn aches and pains, too. It was exactly one year ago this weekend that I fell down a flight of basement stairs and even now my dumb behinder likes to tell me all about it.
ReplyDeleteAnd in answer to your question, NO I don't have anything done yet. No tree. No presents. And worst of all, No cleaning! Or baking.
I was out with Joel today and went past a tree lot. I wanted to stop and buy a small one, but he was a bit surprised, 'Don't you want to cut one of ours down?' Actually, on Saturday, I looked wistfully at a tiny little 3' tall plastic one at a big box store. Oh, so easy! Just take it out of the box, fluff it up and toss a dozen ornaments on it. But I didn't buy it. I wish I had. Just think, you'll have no needles to vacuum up until next July.
I wish you luck with the tendonitis; ouch. Take care, dear friend!
Hi girlfriend! I know what you mean about asking for help. It is one of the hardest things to do. I am sure however, that your children don't mind a bit...not that that makes it any easier : ) Tendinitis in a thumb would be yuk! I have it in my elbow and have had to have shots for it and after that cortisone scare awhile ago, I am making myself behave real good so I don't have to.
ReplyDeleteI love those little camper ornaments! We used to have a fake tree when the children were all home because they wanted the tree up right after T-day and not taken down before new years and our Idaho air is soooo dry that a real tree was dried out so bad by the time Christmas even came around. I still haven't brought our tree in, because we heat with wood
and it will be crispy a few days after I do. I am hoping to get it in a decorated tomorrow.
I want to thank you for your sweet comment on my decorating. That really meant so much to me. I want to wish you a wonderful Christmas with your family June. oh yes----and by-the-way, we really aren't old are we???? : )
much love....