It's that time of the year when our family gathers not only to celebrate Christmas but also birthdays. We have three December birthdays. My one granddaughters birthday is the 22nd and she choose sledding as her birthday activity. So it was over the mountain we go to her house in Central Oregon.
Needless to say I wasn't driving, okay maybe back seat driving. The roads were quite treacherous!
But once we arrived the fun could begin.
We had the hill all to ourselves. Of course the kids hit the slop immediately as we built us a nice bonfire to keeps us warm.
Look out everyone they are out of control. Don't worry, no injuries were incurred. Well you might asked the adults about some sore unused muscles.
Even the sun came out and it was bright as I asked the grandsons to pose for a pictures! It was a truly enjoyable day. Did I tell you we had hot homemade chicken noodle soup up on the slopes. It sure warmed the tummies!
Our trip home was not what I would call fun. The normal 3 hr trip took us 6 1/2 hours. Can you say snow and crazy drivers. Why even attempt going over Mt. Hood without chains or snow tires when required. Some people just don't think is all I can say!
Christmas was a wonderful time, like all my blog friends have stated. I believe it is family what makes is so.
One family is missing in the modeling show of the lounge pants I made for everyone this year.
Okay, they probably will not be happy with me when they find out I posted these pictures. Maybe that is why my other son didn't send their picture. Yes, boys with football and girls with hearts!
It is on to putting the house back in shape and to the New Year. Oh, I have so many fun plans for this next year. I just can't wait!
Happy New Year Everyone
June






June, that first photo scared the beegeebees out of me. I hate Winter driving and especially over the mountain passes. Since Dale was a police officer and he drove about nine of the ten hours a day he worked, you would think I would trust him but I actually still get scared to death when we drive roads like those!!!
ReplyDeleteYour kids all look awesome in jammies!
sending love...
Hey June... wishing you and your family a most Wonderful @013...
ReplyDelete'Sista' hugz
gracie
Love those PJs :) What a fun time sledding and I'm so glad you are having a wonderful December with your family.
ReplyDeleteCute lounge pants for the family. Looks like you had fun in the snow but those roads look pretty bad. I hate driving in those conditions. I have absolute faith in my husbands driving but it's everyone else on the road that concerns me. Have a fantastic New Years.
ReplyDelete@ 3Beeze Homestead
Looks like you had a great holiday, June. Love the lounge pants...they look so warm and cozy...like being wrapped in love!! Happy New Year to you, friend!
ReplyDeleteEverybody looks so cute in their lounge pants!
ReplyDeleteAnd you sure are brave to travel that mountain in those conditions.
Happy New Years!