Oh my, Oh my, what a blustery and rainy weekend we had. Fall has arrived and I so was hoping for more summer. So what does a person do on a rainy day but stay inside. I was in the mood to bake, make soup and sew.
First the baking, disaster! Someone told me I could use canned biscuits to make Monkey bread. So I cut them in quarters, rolled into balls, drenched in butter and rolled in a brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Into a bundt pan they went. Followed the direction to bake for 30 minutes. I was so looking forward to a warm bite with my coffee. Ugh!, Icky!, spit ,spit! Don't try!!! They were horrible, I wouldn't even feed them to the chickens.
Then it was on to soup making. I was in the mood for potato soup and taco soup. So I made a small batch of potatoes soup, yum. At least one thing turned out good. I make my Taco soup in my 6 quart Crock-pot. I like left overs for my lunches at work. Guess what? The crock was cracked. So onto the Internet I went to order a replacement. Now what to do? Aah ha! I still have my old Crock-pot hiding on a shelf in the pantry. Shhhhhh, I was suppose to get rid of it when I got my 6 quart one as a gift. A little clean up and she was ready to go.
You got it, orange and it was a wedding gift back in 1968! She worked like a champ. Only has one chip on the rim for her age. I think I might enjoy my soup just a little extra because of her age and still working just fine!
As for sewing I have a skirt almost finished for work. I haven't sewn for myself in a long time. We will see how the project fits and may do a little more. Wait, oh my gosh! It is almost October and I haven't started on grand kid Christmas sewing. I guess I know what I'll be doing in my spare time.
Best get off the computer and get to sewing!
Enjoy June
I have an old crockpot just like that except it's green..Love fall..even when it rains..
ReplyDeleteLove that crock pot. My first one was harvest green. How can it be almost October. But, I love this time of year. I am over summer and the heat. You could paint your bundt pan like a pumpkin.....have you seen them......they are really cute.
ReplyDeleteWhat will you make for the little grands this year.
Have a good week.
I had one just like it but it was avocado! Ugh. I like yours better and it's it wonderful, how good they made those old things.
ReplyDeleteThat Crock Pot is an oldie!
ReplyDeleteI have always made Monkey Bread with refrigerator biscuits and loved them.
Maybe it was the brand?
I often eat what the chickens won't eat :))))))) why didn't you throw 'em over here. I'm sure I would have choked 'em down somehow. Guess what I just had for breakfast??? Marie Calendar's turtle pie. I told Dale I was having it for breakfast-lunch-and dinner. He just smiled (knowing how sick I was going to get :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful week!
much love from me---your namesake!