Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, September 8, 2014

LABOR DAY FUN & LABOR

Before I can tell you about this weekend I haven't even told you how I spent my Labor Day weekend.  It was a fun and work packed weekend.  I invited some girlfriends actually classmate from high school.  So you can say I've known them a long, long time. We visited the dahlia fields!  We have had warm sunny weather for months now.  But of course the day we ventured out was a day of rain & sun.  I can't complain since I didn't have to water.  It didn't slow us down!



Aren't these dahlia beautiful.  Swan Island Dahlia Fields are the best.

Then I labored.  I decided my back patio was looking a little dull.  So I got out spray paint and went to work.  I put a fresh coat of paint on all my outside dinning chairs.  I spray painted my milk can that acts as my umbrella stand.  A fresh coat on my outdoor bathing tub.  Actually my personal hot tub! You could call me the crazy spay paint lady.  Everything looks better.









Now I best get ready for work and think about posting my camping with the girls. Bored yet? 

Enjoy June

3 comments:

  1. That is one large patio and I love all the bright colours you chose for painting and décor.
    My brother had over 300 dahlias at one time. It is amazing how many varieties there are of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dahlias. They are much prettier than Zinnias. I had a neighbor that used to buy things because she knew she could spray paint them and make them what she wanted them to be. Your colors are great. Good job! Somehow I missed this post. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to get together with friend June and go out to see the amazing colors in the D fields! I just wish I would have been there too!!!
    I see that we are even alike in our love for spray paint. I spray about anything I can get my hand on. I love all the color on your pretty summer patio! Now---wouldn't it be fun if we were sitting there sharing a little about our lives. ~sigh~
    much love sis,

    ReplyDelete