Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Saturday, January 10, 2015

Morning Coffee & Gray Skies

I love getting up early on weekend, making a pot of coffee and watching the day come alive.  In winter when it grays sky that can be difficult. This morning as daylight started I was excited that possibly our fog could be lifting.

I took this picture at 7:30 am while sipping coffee and hoping for sun.

I knew it was damp out as I stood in the doorway but didn't realize how misty it was until I saw this photo.  Of course I had to step outside to check for myself.  Yep, high fog or Oregon Mist as they call it. It almost looks like it could be snowing. Looks like a gray sky day.

By 8:00am it had brighten up and the mist has lighten up.  But I don't think the sun will come out and play today. Okay it won't be Spring for a couple of months. My poor yard is horrible and it needs me to be out in it. Or is it I need sunshine and I need to be out there?

This is not good to have Spring Fever already!

June

5 comments:

  1. Bundle up and get out there!! Especially when the sun comes out..I love cold, clear, crisp winter air..So refreshing..I think Mollie and I take longer winter walks than summer..No bugs..No energy sapping heat..Enjoy your day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope way to early to be pining for Spring....we are just getting winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wish I had gotten that trait---the one of getting up early to welcome the morning. I used to, when we had our herd of dairy cows, but since then I have gotten a little lazy. In my defense however, I get up with Landon a lot during the night, so I give myself permission to be a little slow starting in the mornings :)))) BUT look at what I miss! I love how the mist showed up on your photo. Since Carey (where I live) is higher elevation we don't get a lot of fog or inversion here, but we have had a little lately and for me it is really hard to deal with. I always feel like I'm under a semi see-through blanket trying to get out! My mom lives in Ontario and she is in fog a lot of the winter there.
    I was able to shovel snow this past week and it felt so good to get outside and get some fresh air. We have only gotten about 12 inches so far here on the valley floor, but I think it's really adding up in the mountains where we need it. Yipee---I'll be able to water the garden for another year!
    Your comment was so sweet June and I want you to know it made my day. Love you sis!
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, spring fever coming this early can be quite disappointing. I have it too! :-) It looks like it's going to be a gray day here in NW Wisconsin also, with a possibility of freezing rain and snow mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's easy to have Spring fever this early, what a crazy warm winter we are having. We'll be seeing some of that Oregon weather in another month or two.

    take care
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete