Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sewing Maraton

I had to put my nose to the grind this weekend. I have been lagging behind on my sewing. So I finished sewing 7 pillowcases and 3 boy's pajamas. Now on to 4 girl pajamas, but I have to wait until this coming weekend. I didn't have enough fabric to match the girls pillowcases so YEAH, my sister found it. She is bringing it to me Friday night. This is the major sewing I am doing for Christmas. I still have to make some 18" doll clothes for a granddaughters birthday in December.

The quilt my sister and I are making for our Aunt had to be put on the back burner. My sister has an eye disease that required surgery. Well she got a very serious infection in her eye from the surgery and temporarily lost her eye sight. With lots of antibotics the infection is undercontrol and the eye sight is starting to return. We still don't know the outcome from scaring of the infection. Her job requires good eyesight so this has been really scary for her.
It's been a long weekend so off to bed I go! Tomorrow will be a rainy day in the Northwest and I so want to curl up on my sofa with a fire burning and not go to work!! Ha-ha, I can always dream!
Enjoy June

5 comments:

  1. June, when you get busy with a sewing machine, look out--you make amazing progress and beautiful things!

    I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's eye problems, how scary. I hope she is returned to perfect eyesight very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do some beautifully sewing! So sorry about your sister's eyes, will send up prayers for her. Happy sewing! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you June, getting the jump on Christmas gifts. I haven't even seen my sewing machine for a month now, because it is so buried under half done projects. Now that it is raining and snowing here, I should have no excuse now.LOL!
    I am so sorry to hear about your sister. That would be soooo scary. I hope she heals completely very soon.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those fabrics and embroidery are just the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did that marathon sewing last year for my girls, aprons and jammies. I think this year needs to be pillow cases. Enjoy your week. Florence

    ReplyDelete