Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SIMPLE WOES

Am I the only one in the world that has extremely ticklish feet? I've tried to blame it on my brother for as kids he thought it was funny to tickle me until I couldn't breathe. Seriously I would laugh so hard it took my breath away. Now after all these years I know I am missing out on these supposedly fun things. I'm talking about foot massages, maybe from someone special. How about pedicures with girlfriends.

So it was time to be brave and face this queasy problem of mine. I've always polished my own toes and can start laughing even doing it myself. I wanted pretty toes to go on vacation where I would be wearing flip flops most of the time. Now you have to understand that my feet are as long as they are wide. In other words, short and fat. So pretty feet aren't in the picture but pretty toes, maybe. With the help of a girlfriend we made appointments to have our toes polish. Baby steps here!!! This tells you how behind the times I am, do you know they paint flowers and rhinestones on toes?

I did it and I survived! I may never paint my toes again. It took a pep talk but I am so glad I did. Now isn't this silly, how something so simply has wasted so much of my time worry about this. This is what you call life is too short to sweat the small things. On to pretty toes forever, well at least until they really get old and shriveled up!!!

Enjoy June

1 comment:

  1. June, I am on the same page with you, I have never let anyone touch my feet, unless they can duck fast, because I'd probably kick them involuntarily!

    Love your new toe-do, though, I'm glad you took the plunge!

    ReplyDelete