How does one settle them self down?
Fall is here and I’ve decorated the house, done some baking, lot of yard work still to do but I can’t put a figure on why I feel so restless.
Is it because time is moving so fast and I’m not getting some projects done, like the remodel of kitchen?
Is it because I know the holidays are going to be here before I know it and I haven’t started my grand kid sewing? I haven’t been able to put a figure on it.
I painted one wall in my living room and it is not quit the color I envisioned.
An acquaintance had this color in her home and I loved it, but it doesn’t work in my house, hum! So I know this is making me uncomfortable in my own living room.
I have this thought if I paint my living room, dining room and kitchen I will feel better.
I’m thinking it is too dark and bringing my mood at home down.
Or is it because the rain has returned and the sky is so gray.
Maybe I need to move south!
So if anybody has a cure for my restlessness just let me know.
It the mean time I keep busy as usual. I had the family over Sunday for dinner, some couldn’t make it. But I was in the baking mood so I made an apple pie for I knew my son-in-law would appreciate it.
And then I decided to make cupcakes for the kids. Have you seen this Halloween cake mix?

I thought it would be fun to make so I whipped it up, filled the pan and baked them. As I was taking them out of the over I had to kick myself for I forgot to put the confetti in the batter.
So plain ole yellow cupcakes it was. I’m thinking the grand kids won’t know the difference. Isn’t it the frosting they want?
A great dinner was had and afterword do we play cars at the table. I guess anything goes at Grammie’s house.
YES, I am left with the left over dessert! Do you see another 10 lbs coming on?
Come help me enjoy!!
June
I wish I was there to help you eat it! YUM!!!
ReplyDeleteYou already know I don't have the answers about the restlessness, but wow, having my hair done sure did help. I am growing it out a bit so I needed a new style and I love it!
That is sad that you may have to repaint. As bad as I hate to paint that would put me over the edge, but knowing you, you will get right in and get it done. I HAVE to have white on my walls because of our eternal Winters around here. Almost five months of Winter usually. I am trying to wrap my head around it.
We are getting a new wood stove, one where I can see the fire. I will love that. I think it will really cozy up the family room, kitchen area. It will also save us on wood we burn, because they build them so much more efficient now. Ours is OLD!
I hope you and I get over our restless feelings before we do something rash...like eating a whole carton of ice cream or something like it.lol!
love from here...
Oh yes, it would be 10 lbs for me.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the wrong color. I did the same thing last year and every time I look at the wall I keep thinking I've got to do something else!!
Hello June, you are amazing! I wish I could say I worked so hard in the house. I am restless already and winter hasn't even got here yet. To think you painted (Oh, I hate painting!) and are now thinking about repainting. Goodness, talk about ambition.
ReplyDeleteI'll be right over to help you with the cupcakes and the pie, though!
My goodness June, you sure have an over abundance of energy these days. It seems like autumn is your season. Oh, and I will gladly help you with that pie!
ReplyDelete