A friend brought me over some apple so what to do but make applesauce.
The house smelt wonderful as the apples were cooking down. I need to find a candle with that scent minus the cinnamon.
Then it was my old handy dandy sieve and I just love this wood whatever you call it. Hum, I know it has a name but lost, gone, vanish out of the brain.
I had various numbers of grand kids this weekend. It is always so much fun to watch them interact and there is never a dull moment.
They always head out to see the chickens and they found the last picking of raspberries. Grammy can we have a bowl to pick raspberries? Hum, the bowl was empty when then came into the house. Yes, some remnants of juice that maybe there had been a berry or two.
The girls were busy all day play with their Bratz dolls. I must admit I’m not a fan of them, what happen to plain baby dolls?
The boys of course were outside playing football. Oh my, let’s hope it dries off so I can mow the grass that is still growing. Hey, it’s Fall, go dormant darn you so I don’t have to mow!
After some hard play it was lunch time. Now what to fix for lunch when I hadn’t planned on grand kids. Every kid loves hot dogs, right. So some wiener wraps, thank goodness for croissant rolls in a can. Plus some warm fresh made applesauce.
In all a fun weekend was had by all. So onto working this week and mowing my lawn!
Enjoy June
Wow, you had a busy weekend! I bet the aroma of applesauce (and hotdogs) was delectable! Your grandkids are so cute. And I'm with you on the Bratz dolls, lol.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a good week!
What a great weekend. I would call that wood thing in the sieve a "smusher"???
ReplyDeleteHave a great day, June.....so far so good....no rain here yet!!! And they are all out there working on the barn. YeeHaw!!!!
Now that's how to spend a weekend Junebug!!! Anything that has to do with grandchildren is always good. I laughed about the raspberries. Mine always hit the gooseberry bush. The raspberries are out by the highway so they know they can't go out there by themselves, so I manage to have enough for Dale and I to eat ;-)
ReplyDeleteI mowed my lawn the other day and was thinking them same thing. When will it STOP? But really I love mowing the grass so it's okay with me.
I do believe my twin is a busy gram! Have a wonderful weekend.
hugs from me!
Yummy and lots of fun with the grandkids! So happy we found you...we share the same name!
ReplyDeletexox Glad & Cel