First I have to confess, the peppermint Oreo cookies did not last my 4 days off. But I didn't go out and buy more. It's been a busy week and yesterday was such a windy day that most of the leaves are gone from the trees. But I am going to share a few pictures I took in my yard during my four days off.


I love the all the changing colors of fall.

My fuchsia is still blooming and see my little angle all snuggled in and peaking out.

This little wagon was calling my name at the fabric store clearance shelf. Really it needed a home.

My little bench out front got a friend for Autumn. I figured the bear and moose needed company.

This tree is in my front yard and I get this view out my front window. But oh so sad, the leaves are all gone as of yesterday. I usually put white lights in this tree at Christmas time. But last year as I was on the tip top of the ladder trying to reach, a thought came into my head. What in the world is a 60+ woman doing up here on top of the ladder? You could break your neck! So the decision was made not to do this again. And I'm to dang stubborn to ask for help!
A busy weekend ahead for me with grand kids. Wait, when don't I have a busy week or weekend. You see I try to cram as much excitement in as I can. I just don't want to miss a thing!
Enjoy June
I know what you mean about busy weekends. There really is no break in sight until after the holidays! Your fall color is so beautiful and that little wagon would have been calling me too. I just realized that I wasn't following you under the new blog so I've joined up. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dear friend. Patty
ReplyDeleteHave a great Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteI know your feeling, as I climbed the ladder to get into our attic, I thought, this is crazy, I can't be doing this when no one is home. I have to hoist myself up to the opening. Yikes! Happy Fall! Hugs! Florence
ReplyDeleteOhhhh what Beautiful Trees....love them! Enjoy your grand kiddos, I get to see my sweet little 3 yr. old grandson next weekend and can't wait!!! Happy Thanksgiving Week!
ReplyDeleteCathy aka GGJ
You ARE always busy my friend! AND STAY OFF THEY LADDER! That sounds like something I would do, but then, I think we are alike in MANY ways!
ReplyDeleteI love the color where you are. Ours is pretty drab here now. We have had the worst wind here too. Doesn't the wind just take something out of a person?
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving dear friend!
hugs...
Hi June, So you ran out of Oreos and didn't go buy any more? You have Iron Willpower my dear! LOL. I walked past the dipping chocolate yesterday in the grocery store with my head held high. (Too bad I already ate the first hunk I bought, but I didn't buy any more!)
ReplyDeleteAnd the ladder, oh, yes, I know what you mean. I just got in from outside and down safely from the ladder I was using to try to put garland on Ernie the Urn. I thought about it too, 'why am I doing this?' The worst that could happen would be a broken part on me and then you have to take it all down again in a few weeks. I'm cutting back on how much stuff I put up, it's no fun taking it down in snowbanks up to my hiney.