Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, November 28, 2011

WAITING MODE


When everyone is busy decorating for the holidays I am patiently waiting. That is for the contractor to get my ceilings textured. I took the horrible popcorn texture off last summer and one thing lead to another it is now scheduled to be finished.







This is my dining room. As you can see the only thing left is the contractor stuff. I cleared my entire living rm, dining rm, kitchen and bath of all furniture, wall decor and counter items. You would think I was moving! As you can see in the living room there are many paint colors. Did I mention I also have to paint before I can decorate. Yes, let's add more to the list besides Christmas.

So as I patiently wait I am browsing every ones blog. I have seen some wonder holiday decor and what some creativity. I always say copying someone is a great compliment. So just call me a copy cat!

So gals keep up the good work and hopefully soon I can get some decorating in for the holidays. For the weekend coming up I will be working like a mad women to get all my furniture back in, walls painted and then bring on the Christmas decorating!






Crazing June

5 comments:

  1. June, Oh, how you Amaze me! You have your house stripped down to the bare bones and you're not running around stark-raving mad? No, you are calmly waiting and searching for the perfect color scheme. How did you get that popcorn texture off? My MIL has that in her house (with the silver speckles) and she's terrified of touching it. I bet it was hard work to scrape? sand? shovel? it off.

    We repainted the living room two years ago and I'm still not over the trauma. Once we repainted the entire downstairs and I was ready to pack up and head for a hotel. And I think I want to remodel some parts of this old hut? Yeah, right. What am I thinking. I'll be a lunatic before we get it done.

    I also loved your Thanksgiving post. You are so right, what would we do without our blog friends? I was having so much trouble posting the last few days and was getting quite desperate because I wasn't able to reply or do much of anything with the blog. Now I can and let me take this opportunity to say I am so happy to have you as a friend, June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there - my you are so patient! But I guess it doesn't do any good to be impatient right now, does it! I know you'll enjoy your smooth ceilings after all is done. I don't have popcorn in my farmhouse and I love it! We had it in our other house, and it was so old, it even had some glittery stuff in it!

    I agree with Karen - Loved your Thanksgiving post about blog friends! Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a huge project June. I have popcorn ceilings in ever room and I can't even imaging tackling them. Maybe someday....
    I got a new kitchen about two years ago and it was so great to get it. The kitchen is now so much easier to work in, but what a mess getting it done. I hate remodeling, don't you?
    It is so good to get your messages. I love it when you are able to find the time to check on me :-)
    big hugs from me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. June you are Amazing.. Creative and CRAZY!:)
    Its gonna all fall into place and be gorgeous.. You have plenty time to copy ideas.. ( i do that too)
    Take care my friend..
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, you really do have your work cut out for you. Hoping everything is going smoothly!!!

    ReplyDelete