Afterward we gabbed, cooked and played. One of our great play times is fabric stores. We both enjoy sewing but she does it for her profession. Needless to say she is much more time oriented then I am. She can make deadlines and not wait until the last minute! So off to fabric stores we went on Sunday with my brother in law in tow, plus two dogs. We touched, swooned and purchase some fabric. I made the final purchase for Christmas sewing. Yes, I got to get busy!
But with all this playing meant I didn’t get my work done on the weekend. You see I was “supposed” to be canning tuna! Have you ever had home canned tuna, nothing compares? It was unthawing in the refrigerator and I had no choice but to can it Monday night after work – Halloween. Here is why I have the greatest sister. She and her hubby canned 36 half pints before they headed home on Monday. Jared up all the rest of the tuna so when I got home all I had was one small caner to do.
Of course I had to take in Halloween with granddaughters before I could even make it home to start. They were so excited and please don’t ask me what they were. Some TV show that obliviously I don’t watch!
So here I am finishing up canning. Yes, it is dark and yes, I do it outside. I did forget to mention one thing. It stinks! That is the one thing about tuna, ugh, P.U.!
Here are the jars my sister canned! They are all waiting to be washed down and put in the garage but they will have to wait until after work tomorrow. You really don’t want them in your house for a couple of weeks. Again stinks!
I feel so blessed having a sister even though I didn’t meet her until about 10 years ago. You can read that story on my April 27, 2011 post. Sorry I don't know how to link to it.
Did I mention I was gone last week to a conference? Here is the picture out of our conference room. Do you think I truly paid attention? What a wonderful few days at the beach even though it was work!
Enjoy you week,
June
I never heard anyone canning tuna. I bet it does stink but I bet it's alot better that Chicken of the Sea.
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding me June??? Tuna??? You are a wonder!!!
ReplyDeleteI think time spent with sisters is truly the best.It sounds like you had such a fun time. I wish I could spend more time than I do with mine, but I have daughters and they like spending time together with me, so with four of them, that spreads me thin, so my sisters are always put on the back burner it seems. I just went to Grantsville,UT with one daughter to see another daughter for a few days while Dale took care of Landon. It's a six hour drive from here. It was a good break, but I was sure happy to be home.
Now that I'm home after a few days away I can see a lot of things that need doing...isn't that weird how that seems to happen :-)
hugs from here...