What a fun and tiring weekend! Grand kids birthday are so different now then when my kids or for that matter why I was a kids. The dinosaur age! Now it seem it is parties at some entertainment place, jump house, arcades, bowling or at a sport center like Kaleb's was. I must admit with 24, 2nd graders it is nice to have an employee giving directions as to the activities. Then it was ice cream and cake. I was going to take a picture of his cute cupcake cake but I turned my back for a split second and cupcakes were missing. Oh well, it was still cute.
I think it is a clever idea these cupcake cakes. It does make serving to kids a whole lot easier!
The rest of the weekend was family time. All my kids and grand kids were there plus a couple extra that call me Grammie June. We had a wonderful time Saturday evening with a BBQ for dinner and then a campfire with S'mores. Here is the new picnic table the kids thought was great for eating on and of course jumping also.
Notice that dog? Well that is Zoey and she is only 5 months old. Yes, she is going to be one big lovable baby! She is such a sweet dog but I know when she get's full grown she will look very intimidating.
The ride home was a very quiet one with everyone sleeping from the fun, fun family weekend!
ZZZZZZZZZ, I'm awake, really!!!
PS - I tired to take another picture of my gorgeous poppies. Yes, it is time for that new camera!
Now back to recuperating from the weekend!
Enjoy June
I love those poppies June. Are they Beauty of Livermoor?
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like we were living the same life this weekend June. I had all my family here too for birthdays and all of the grandchildren racing around and lots of food prep...gosh, am I ever tired out. I have a little house and so it was a little close around here with all six kids and their children too : )
sending big hugs...
You sound like you had a very fun time. It is always fun when everyone gets together.
ReplyDelete@ 3Beeze Homestead
I have wonderful, red poppies that I look forward to every year..They are Indian Chief"...What a great idea for a birthday cake!! Sounds like a fun time..
ReplyDeleteMissy June,
ReplyDeleteGrandchildren are such fun.. Yours look like they really enjoyed the birthday.
Your poppies are gorgeous.. I hope to have some planted next year.. I have been busy but not productive,, the shed has been a Major project and I have spent many trips to Home depot for this and that as needed as the project developed. Next week I hoe it is truly finished so I can start the decorating fun part..
Take cake love those kids and keep the sun shinning..