Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SISTER LOVE

What do you say about a sister who takes time out of her life to come over and help me out?  Words can not describe how I so appreciate her and my  brother in law's help.

They sent a few days with me last weekend and did some of those honey does since I don't have a honey!! On Thursday the weather wasn't the greatest, thunder storms, hail and rain.  But guess who was out in it trimming my arborvitae's hedge?


Doesn't it look nice.  You can't believe how much more light is on the yard. We did discuss that it could even be cut shorter.  But that will require a larger chainsaw since the stocks have gotten rather large.  Oh, I so appreciate their help.  We also cut down a tree, pulled out a large arborvitae that was not in a good location.  Oh the trailer is full and now just make it to the dump.

I worked on some deadheading of Rhodie's and roses.  I picked a small bouquet for the dining table before the rain and hail beat them to death.


With the weather they are starting to bloom.  It will take a little sunshine to have roses in June and celebrate Rose Festival in Portland.

My peonies are really spectacular right now.  Oh, if I only had a good camera, but are just going to have to bear with not good quality pics.


I just love this red peony!!!!

On Saturday we went to Adelman's Peony Garden in Brook, for those of you that live in Oregon.  Of course I couldn't resist purchasing a couple more.

This is the first one I purchase.  I can't wait till next year to see if mine compares. 


This is Coral Charm, isn't it lovely.  They sent me how with a bloom.  Oh I can't wait until next year for this one.

The weekend ended and my sister and brother in law went home.  I already miss them for I didn't make them slave all weekend.  We had wonderful BBQ's, visiting friends, a little garage selling.  Yes, a fun weekend was had!

Now it is on getting my travel trailer ready for my big Farm Chick and Sister's on the Fly weekend!

Wagon Ho!
June

8 comments:

  1. I , too , enjoy my sisters visits..Your peonies aare gorgeous..I don't think I've ever seen a red one..The ones around here are either pink or white..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep..that's what sisters do...I have two who would do that too...glad you had fun too..enjoy your. Glamoing trip......where are you going?
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are always good times. When you get a little bit of stuff done that needs to be done and then some good visiting with friends and family. Love the pink peonies so pretty.

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  4. June
    You do have a sweet sis and b'in-law, for sure!
    Your peonie photos look great. I love the brillant
    red peony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice they were to come out and slave...I mean work in the yard with you. lol Your peonies are so gorgeous. I love the red one best of all. Have a fun on your get away. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. My peonies are in beautiful bloom also and it's now when I always think of getting more. I graduated from Gervais High School with the owners Jim and Carol at Adelman's Peonie Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice of your sister and brother in law to come and help you out, that is what I call, awesome! Wish I had a sister, I'm told they are just the best! I've got some great brothers that are awesome too! Your peonies are gorgeous!!

    Happy Day!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are just the best June!!!! I am so glad that they were able to come for a stay. I love it when my sisters come. We always have the best time. Now, didn't we agree that we were sisters too? But you wouldn't find me on a ladder pruning the hedge. I HATE ladders at my age : )
    You will LOVE Coral Charm. It is a beauty!
    I am SO jealous that you get to go to Farm Chicks! (I really am happy for you)
    Have the best time ever.
    hugs from me...

    ReplyDelete