Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, July 17, 2012

BUSY, BUSY

Is this summer flying by or what? I've been a busy beaver trying to get some much needed projects done.  They sure aren't glory project though.  It is called cleaning the garage and garden shed.  How does one let it get so out of hand.   It has taken me two weekends of pulling everything out and sorting into three piles.  The piles were called, Goodwill, Dump and Keep.  The object was to have the Keep the smallest pile.  I'm not sure I accomplish that but at least you can walk in the garage now.  I was too embarrassed to show you any pictures of the work in progress. I can only hope I am not alone in this. Here is the scary part I live by myself so it is all me who created this disaster.

This is the garden shed I cleaned.  After looking at this pictures I've decided a few things.  The shrub needs a haircut  and I need to paint the door to give it some character. Got any suggestions, red, orange, yellow????

I'm not really sure why I am showing you  a picture of the dump trailer loaded except to prove to you and myself I really did throw!  You see I have this problem of throwing.  My thought pattern is always I may need this later.  That old swing set frame is off to the scrap metal place.  It had seen better days and "I don't need it".

I have been working on a sitting area on the back patio.  It's starting to come together but something is missing.  One thing that needs to be changed out is the little rug.  I just wanted something for my feet and it was all I had in my stash, since I cleaned.  I will be keeping my eye out for the right size and color.

I took these pictures early in the morning before the sun was up and the skies were a little cloudy.  Wow, does everything look drab.  Yes, I'm a color person.

I picked up this old tractor seat a year ago and at the time I didn't know what I was going to do with it.  It was one of those, I like that, I think I need that!  So now it makes a wonderful plant hanger.

I acquired this brown wicker chair recently and I am still in the debate.  Should I leave it brown or paint it white.  For now it is staying brown.  For those of you that have followed my blog for awhile, you will notice the arbor in the back ground is still not finished.  Oh to be energetic and get projects completed.

It's another week and more projects, cleaning, canning and garden tending need to be done.  So I best get with it or at least get ready for work!  Keep enjoying your summer for it is going fast!

Enjoy June



4 comments:

  1. Door color is a hard one. I would say, paint it your favorite color! Fun post! Love your shed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi June,
    I think everything looks great - your shed is adorable - wish I had one like that. The brown wicker would look nice white to go with your other things - whatever you like would look lovely. The arbor is awsome.

    Bentley loves to smell the flowers along with everything else in the garden - I just take my camera and start shooting.
    Have a fun weekend and don't stress about your projects - things look fine as they are.
    Blessings,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi June - thanks for your visit and your compliments! Your shed is great - I'm thinking a red door would really pop out. I'm really "into" red right now. Maybe you could find a couple of little shutters for your window, too to paint red. Your husband could make you some out of scrap wood. Just a couple of boards with a cross piece. Then, a flower box... oh shut up, Vickie. I'm really liking your arbor. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    If you think you might want a painting, I've sold most of them for right now, but if you know what you want, I'll be most happy to do one for you! You can email me if you want ~~ happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful shed & that gorgeous wicker furniture, I know where I'd be parked for the entire summer :)
    Lol Karen x
    ps like the door white, but purple would be good

    ReplyDelete