Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, July 30, 2012

JUST A COOKING

It is always fun to spend time with a very special friend.  We don't get to see each other often with things like distance, jobs and our devotion to our families. But this past weekend was another story.  She had called and asked it I could help with cooking for her nephew's wedding rehearsal dinner.  So of course I said, YES!  What better way to get together but food.

We did a taco bar with salads and then a fabulous dessert bar.  Of course we didn't have anything to do with the dessert bar, her sister is the champion in that department.

We spent the majority of the day chopping, gabbing, frying, gabbing, mixing, gabbing and more gabbing.  I think you get the idea we talked a lot. Amazing we got anything ready on time.

Here we go again with my lack of photo skills but I think you will get the idea. Too bad I didn't take the pictures with all the wrapping off!

I have to brag here for the food turned out fantastic!  We got a request to do a wedding reception in November.  Were thinking, haven't committed!

Can you believe these wonderful looking tarts and brownies?  They were out of this world with yummyness!!!  I know, not a word but they were that good!


My sweet friend made all of us cooks and family, her Mom and sisters aprons!  We just loved them!

So we had to do the lineup things to capture our aprons!  

Great memories were made last Saturday and so much laughter that my stomach hurt!!

Enjoy June

4 comments:

  1. That is just fabulous,love all the different aprons and all that food looks almost as good as ours at girl camp....lol sorry,couldn't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know every apron has a story and now that one has its.. Love the photos.. How fun.. And everything looks delicious.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had lots of fun!!! The aprons are a perfect addition to your memories! Farm Girl Hugs! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful spread of goodies. A taco salad bar is a great idea for the rehearsal dinner. It's not over the top expensive for feeding a lot of people and easy to clean up afterwards. You may be entering into the catering field :)

    ReplyDelete