Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Friday, July 6, 2012

Oh What a Day or Weekend

Or should I say "How fun was 6 days"? I had a fabulous time with 10 girlfriends!!  We traveled to Lake Chelan, WA for a girls getaway!!!





The weather was absolutely beautiful, in the mid eighties the entire time. We did a lot of walking, laying in the sun, eating - what great cooks we are!! Our house we stayed at fit us perfectly.

Humm, Do you think Shirley has an itch as she nears our home away from home.

I did mention food!!  We split into teams and let me clue you the meals were out of this world.  When you asked for recipes you got the normal, a little of this and a pinch of this and don't forget a scoop of this.  Of course I had to try everything, scales we won't take about that!

We took in a Wine Hike!  It was a wonderful time walking the hills of Icicle Ridge Winery in Peshastin, WA.( go ahead figure out how to pronounce)   We learned a lot about this family own business.




It has a beautiful log cabin for it's tasking room.  The inside was fantastic!


Isn't this a pretty setting for a vineyard?  This is the backside of the tasting room.  So we were off for our hike.  Yes, up the hillside we went.
We were up in the pear orchard.  They also grow fruit beside their vineyard.  They are experimenting with growing a pear in a bottle so they can add wine later. With my photo skills that picture didn't turn out so we have to skip that!

Then it was on to the vineyard and more lovely views!!  Of course by this time we have sampled wine from wine trees, really!  But with all the walking we built up an appetite.

It was a wonderful lunch up on the ridge.  We met lots of new friends for we were encouraged to split our group up.  My new best friends Monty & Johnny were so fun!

The ridge overlooked the Wenatchee River and we got to watch rafters floating by.  We also yelled "Water Fall Ahead".  I wonder how many took us seriously! One thing I almost forgot about the vineyard.
I found my pick up!  I wonder if they would notice it missing!!  Oh I can dream and hope someday to drive off into the sunset in my old Chevy!

We ended our day a the winery with more scenic walking.  Didn't I tell you we got a lot of walking in!
It was a great day to be with friends.  But the day wasn't over with for we headed to Leavenworth, WA.  I'll save that for another days post.

One of the highlights of my weekend is I finally got to check off wave running or Ski Doo on the Lake from my bucket list.
I'm getting ready to head out.  Yes, I was a little cautious at first.  Keeping my speed down and getting the feel of the Ski Doo.  But then!
Look out a hold lot of Lake to explore and speed!!!!!!  OM Gosh was it fun!!  I will do this again when given a chance!!

The evenings on the Lake were very peaceful and quiet.  Some of the days we had clouds move in to made it a pretty sky.
Of course with my handy dandy crappy camera I couldn't quite capture the colors. But trust me it was beautiful.

Do you want to know the best part about this extended weekend????????????

It was GIRLFRIENDS!!!!!!!!!  Such an amazing group of gals!  Like the saying goes - If you don't think you need a girlfriend, you haven't found the best one yet.  I found a whole group of them!!

Enjoy your girlfriend time,
June

9 comments:

  1. What a great time away, June! I love that you all did so many things and enjoyed each other's company so much... oh yes, and ate and talked and walked and hiked and ski doo'd and drank wine and... everything! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps. your little camera takes great photos! I don't think they're bad at all!

      Delete
  2. Oh June....what fun that looks like. How I wish I had a group of gals to pal around with. Alas....my girlfriends all have 4 legs!!! HA!
    Have a great weekend, friend!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sounds like such fun! I would give anything to have a bunch of friends to do something like that with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun!!! This June is a little jealous she wasn't invited ;)
    looks like a blast!
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you. All that fun and the friends to make it extra special. What a special time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How totally fun!! I use to spend three weeks at Lake Chelan every years...it truly is beautiful. I lived in Wenatchee for several years...love that area. Glad you had a super time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun time you had, and in such good company! I could really use a break right now from hoses. No rain last night either and none in the forecast for at least a week. Leaving my pots out for bait didn't work. Oh, well!

    You look Fantastic by that pickup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing trip. So beautiful. I love Washington and youngest daughter now lives in Yakima (high desert) with her sweet youth pastor husband. ITA about the friends. What would our lives be like without them?

    ReplyDelete