Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, July 10, 2012

GRANDDAUGHTERS

Grand kids are so much fun!  After spending  some time with girlfriends it was back to normal.  But I had some granddaughter that were missing me.  So I thought it was time to do a few simple things with them.  First it was up to my daughters to visit.  My oldest granddaughter lives a few hours away so she was missing for the activities.  So first it was the three at my daughters to make cookies.
Emily and Paige are already to start.  They put apron on that I had made several years ago. Yes, there hair is wet from being out in the pool.

Ashley has joined them now and it is just a teaspoon, each taking their turn. 

Is it time for the eggs yet?  My daughter has the patience for this cookie making adventure. Of course I didn't show the picture of the chocolate chips going in since we tend to overdose on them.  YUM!!

On Saturday it was sleep over time at my house.  First it was 5 grand kids playing until evening when parents took three of them home.  Ashley and Emily got to spend the night and stay up way too late, hee-hee!

Soon it was morning and breakfast time.  Yes, you are really seeing what the photo shows.

A bowl of canned whip cream.  Can you believe this Grammy served them this???  I have to blame this one on their Daddy for he squirts it directly in the mouths.  They think it is really a treat.
It's Emily with her bowl, jammies and watching cartoon.  Don't forget we have our special blanket that goes everywhere with her.
I think Ashley looks a little more wide awake with her bowl of whip cream.  Now that you think I'm a horrible Grandmother for feeding only whip cream for breakfast - we really did have chicken shaped pancakes and eggs.    But I went for one of my favorite this time of the year.
It is my favorite 5 grain cereal with picking fresh raspberries and blueberries to add in.  Another YUM!

It's been warm so before they went home I got out the tiny pool and set it up so they could think they were swimming at Grammie's house! 

I've had this little pool for many years and it is amazing how much fun they have.  Sometimes it is the simplest things we do to create memories with our grand children. 

I hope you are creating you own special memories!

Enjoy June

2 comments:

  1. I love your story.. and ambition. The grandkids certainly will have memories..My two little guys went home Monday and its so quiet here. Gives me some time to Rest up for the next impromtu adventure. two fun girl days next week.. Its Summer so Lets Have Fun!
    Have a great weekend my friend.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, June, thanks for stopping by my blog and following. Aren't grandkids the best? More of God's little blessings! And I think serving up a bowl of whip cream is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete