I think it is!! Well that is if you have seven grand kids! This past weekend I had all seven grand kids stay overnight! Now you must remember I have a small house. My little house is just the right size for me. But let's add seven little bodies ages 11 down to 5. But first I have to go back a few years, okay more then a few when I kids were young.
I tried to teach my kids as they were growing up manners, respect, organization, soft inside voices, no running in the house and the list goes on. So what happens when you turn a Grammie?? Things you would never let your kids do is all fun and games with grand kids. Now I do insist on safety but with that who care if the house is tidy while they are here. As long as they are having fun goes at Grammie's. Kind of like the what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas is more like what happens at Grammies stays at Grammies!
Just to prove my point! Yes, my picture ability is bad but you will get the idea!
They are playing either the X Factor or The Voice. We had judges and we had performers.
Do you think they could get anymore pillows piled up? I guess they figured it was a better view!
Of course Grammie's heels are a must for performing!!
It was a great weekend with lots of laughter, and lots of cooking for they do like to eat!! I might have sent them home with a few homemade cookies in their tummies.
Wait who is that?
Yes, Henrietta and Petronella had to check out what all the commotion was in the house. They were not sure if it was safe anywhere. The weather cleared and the grand kids were running around outside during the day. Yep, burn some of that energy off!
All and all what a great weekend for this GRAMMIE!!!!!!
Enjoy June




So fun to have them all together. I am with four in Colorado right now. We all slept together one night, fun. Wish all of mine could be together.
ReplyDeleteI always think we can't get any more alike and then we do June! I have that very saying here, 'what happens at granny's stays at granny's'! I love having them over, but now I am up to 12 and 1 on the way, so it never happens. Now all the kids are scattered and we don't get to get everyone together as much anymore :( but I love it when they do come.
ReplyDeleteI loved your photos of them having a great time at your house.
Have a great week---I was out cleaning in the garden this a.m. and then they rain started pouring down, so it's a good time to catch up with you.
hugs....
Love it!! You are my kind of grandma and my grandkids know that they have fewer rules at my house. My 4 year old (almost 5) granddaughter gets up early with me and we have coffee together. She LOVES our time together and I LOVE having her chit chat about all the important things in her life. (Her coffee is 90% milk, a bit of sugar, and enough coffee to darken the milk)
ReplyDeleteLove it June...That's what I always tell my son and Daughter-in-law "what happens at Grandma's...stays at Grandma's". That's why God gave us kids...so we could have grand kids.
ReplyDeleteHad fun seeing everyone Sunday.
Shirl
Oh, June, what a fun time that looked to be! I have no grands yet, but remain hopeful that someday....
ReplyDeleteThe children will remember these times for the rest of their lives.