Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A little Decor

I'm not a big Halloween decorator.  I startle easy, so maybe that is way I don't like scary things.  I know I'm a big baby but I don't like to get spooked.  So you will never see me going through a haunted house.  Okay, I did go through the haunted house at Disneyland with a lot of encouragement.  So with that said my decor is pretty simple.

I put a few things outside and on timers so I don't have to go out at dark and turn them off.  I love my tree this time of the year

My front porch just gets cluttered up with a few pumpkins and a friendly scarecrow.  Nothing spooky at my house.

A couple of bears sit on a chess in the corner and they are also very friendly!  There pumpkin bellies are as close to a jack o lantern as I get.

I tend to do more fall decor.  I use my soup tureen on a pedestal until I need it for a serving piece.

I made a small purchase this year to add some down home warmth.  I purchased one of those little electric fireplaces.  It is currently in the house but it can be easily transported to my RV trailer.  It will add a little charm for camping.
It is a little small on the wall so I am thinking I need to make a little fake hearth for it. As if I don't have enough projects.

 My camera doesn't show the fake flame but it provides me with that warm cozy feeling when it is on. I do not need the extra heat but it reminds me of being a kid siting in front of the fireplace at home. Oops!, another jack o lantern but it is a gourd.

I decided it needed a little mantel and I just so happen to be going to a junk sale. So of course I came home with this shelf for my mantel.

I like the old chippy gold and red paint.  Plus let's hope the horseshoes bring me luck!

So I guess I am ready for trick or treaters even though I don't get many.   I only purchase a very small amount of candy and I hope I give it all away.  Or you know who will eat it!

Enjoy June






6 comments:

  1. OMGosh, you are too funny...I just bought two of these fireplaces one for me and one for Juli....of course, for our trailers! I was thinking of bringing it in and using it in the house this winter...great minds think alike!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the decorations, June. I wish I had put some up, but now it's a little late. Your fireplace is really neat; I'm thinking if Aaargh ever gets done, one of those would be just the thing to have in there.

    I don't have any candy here, so let's hope nobody shows up tonight...we haven't had anybody stop in years. You're right, if I did have candy here and no one came, well I couldn't let it go to waste, now could I??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your decorations, especially your porch. I have a thing about decorated porches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you June... no scary Halloween stuff....!!! Love your decorations and your cute little red wood stove...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love them.. cute halloween decoration..


    http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/2012/10/happy-halloween.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. June..I LOVE your decorations. What do you mean you don't decorate much...it looks beautious!!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete