Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, October 4, 2012

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

This may have been my last camping trip for 2012.  I headed out for Eastern Oregon to join up with my Sister and BIL at Hunt Camp.  I'm not a hunter but I so love the outdoors.  I'd probably shoot my foot off if I had a loaded gun.   It was a 6 1/2 hour trip following the Columbia River Gorge for about 4 hrs of it.  Then is was headed south into the middle of the State.   I spent the majority of my time relaxing or hiking.   This part of the state is called high desert.  Yes, we were  over 7,000 ft in elevation. So I'm sharing a few pics of my trip.
Do you see that fire lookout station up there on that knoll?  Maybe a closer view will help!

That was my destination for my hike.  Needless to say with the higher elevation and thinner  air, I had to pace myself.  It was about a 5 mile hike.  The weather was gorgeous so it made for a great hike.

This was one of the views from up on top.  I didn't really take many pictures for I was so in awe of the sights.

My sister, niece, nephew and I also hiked up another rig that had a lot of meaning to our family.  My brother who passed away from AL'S ashes were spread there.  This trip we took our Mother's ashes to be spread also.

 Our brother spent many of years looking out from this ridge for that elusive deer.

This rock formation is up on top.  It makes you wonder if nature did this or was it man, who must of spent days forming this.  It is a  lot larger than this picture shows.

This is the valley looking down from the ride.  Those trees look really small in this picture but let me clue you that are large.  It's funny how I can't capture the true vastness of this land.
My sister and I up on top.  It was a fun weekend, relaxing, no makeup, sharing time together. Just for the record I am standing on the high side.  Can you tell we have a height difference.

We couldn't have a campfire at all because of the high fire danger.  This area has had two forest fires in the last ten years.  But who needs them when you have sunsets like this every evening.


Every evening I would sit outside as the sun would go down and just marvel at how beautiful the sky was.

I think it is time I stay home on weekends and get something done in my yard.  It is Fall you know!!

Enjoy June




2 comments:

  1. Love your pictures.. I'm sure you were exhausted too after that hike.(.I sure would be).. A great resting place for your family.
    Enjoy your time at home now and don't work too hard. Enjoy the Fall.. I will be posting from Australia.. ( well that is my plan) If Self Care girl hasn't planned too many other adventures..

    Sorry you couldn't squeeze into my checked luggage..
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete