Can you say fantastic??? This past Easter weekend has to go down in the records! Now hear this proclamation! Both days were in the mid seventies!!! Easter weekend without rain in Oregon, mother nature bless us for sure.
Saturday was spent mowing the yard, getting the garden ready to plant, planting some onion starts, and loving the sun. It was also spent going over the menu for Easter dinner and can you believe I forgot to buy Ice Cream? So a store run had to interrupt my day, ugh!
Easter was perfect in my book! Family spending time together. I must admit one son and family was missing but that's the way it goes some years. I'm going to share a few pic's of egg hunting and I think you will get the idea of how nice it was for the weekend.
The hunt is on! I should have taking a picture of all us dinning outside but I guess all you get is a tip of my coffee cup!
Did they hide eggs down the path to the garden?
Really the temp wasn't 120 but with the sun shinning directly on the thermometer it sure looks like it!
I picked a bouquet of daffodils for the table and they sat inside as we all enjoy being outside.
Have I ever mention I have a wonderful son in law? I get this ideas in my head and he is so kind to complete them! So as we were all outside enjoying the day he finished a little project for me. My light over my kitchen sink was ugly and didn't work half the time. So I wanted a new fixture but not a normal one. Here it is!!
He installed the new drop down fixture and you got it, a colander for a shade!
I just love it!!! I have to do a little touch up on the ceiling for the base of this fixture is smaller. You should see the shadow this fixture casts in the evening. Swoon here!!
It's off to a new week full of work, fun and hopefully digging in the garden!!
Enjoy June
Lovely weather all around...lucky us. Glad you finally got your fun kitchen light. See you soon.
ReplyDeleteJune, oh, you guys were SO lucky to have the beautiful weather for Easter! How fun to have an Easter egg hunt and I love your new light over the sink, too. Love that stone path of yours, very pretty. And look at all those daffodils, wow! The grass really is greener in your garden than mine right now, lol.
ReplyDeleteP.S.(I'm glad you liked my daffodil shade, I was worried it was a bit too bright.)