Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Wednesday, October 9, 2013

IT'S THE MONTH!!!!!!!

I am sure every one of you has seen on TV, received something in the mail, but have you taken action!!


It that time of the year for our annual mammograms! Yes, I know it isn't at the top of my list for fun but it is at the top for important. Mine is scheduled for later this month, why so late in the month you ask?  You see my insurance pays 100% annually.  So every year it has to be one day later so the full year has gone by.  Pretty soon my appointments will be in November.  That's how long I've been getting the boob squeeze.

Now onto another annual exam!!!  How you been screened for skin cancer annually?  Summer is over and we are into Fall so it is the perfect time.  I can 't express the importance of this also.  For you see I just had skin cancer removed.  It was a spot on my back I couldn't see.  Nope, no matter what contortion I put my body in I couldn't see it. I was lucky for it would start to bleed for no reason and I was tired of little blood spots on my clothes. With a discussion with the dermatologist the decision was made to just cut it out!!  Of course I had lots of question since this area in my book has never seen the sunshine.  I wasn't a bikini wearer and I also wasn't a teenage bathing in the sun.  I can so remember my girls friends adding iodine to a bottle of baby oil and lathering up. The 45's playing away, oops! I think I just dated myself. 

So in closing you are important and you NEED to treat yourself special, take care of yourself, go make an appointment for both!! Glad I did!

Enjoy June

1 comment:

  1. Yup..Tis the season...Mine's due..in November as well..used to be Sept...Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete