Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, December 1, 2014

THANKFULL

Did everyone else eat too much food? I often wonder why I do this to myself!  It starts out just a little of this and a small scoop of this and the next thing you know I have a heaping plate full.  But more important is I got my Grammie plate filled this weekend.  I had grand kids staying over two nights with me.  All seven of them play so well together and their imagination is amazing.  Don't get me wrong they are also the electronic generation. It seem that a device is always attached to their hand.  That is until Grammie says time out! I sure wished I could have sent them outside to play but it was good ole Oregon rain for the holiday

Forts were built with turning Grammie's living room upside down!
Oh yes, lets take all the pillows off the sofa, line up the dinning chair and throw a quilt over - instant fort!


Maybe if hide under here Grammie won't notice I'm playing on electronics, shhhh!!

The older grand kids don't hide their electronics.  Thanks goodness for a day bed that can turn into a king size.  The more the merrier to pile on.  My back bedroom is grand kid domain.  They would hang out in there all day unless I kick them out or they get hungry.

Speaking of hungry, ha-ha!!  It is amazing how much food they can consume.  I really try to keep healthy snacks so to cut down on the sugar.  I don't even want to find out what seven grand kids high on sugar in my tiny house, oh I shutter!!!

It was a wonderful holiday with family and I am truly thankful for each and everyone of them.  Now it is on to decorating for Christmas. This could be really interesting for I'm having a little surgery to repair a thumb joint on Wednesday so my right hand will be in a cast for 6 weeks.  Just to let you know I am right handed but I'm up for the challenge!

Enjoy this time of the year!
        June

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time!! They are fleeting for sure..Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving..I know what you mean about the food..All those little helpings sure add up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy sista, you nailed that one with how much the grands can consume in even an hour. I felt like I was always fixing someone something. I'm not one to say 'nope, you have to wait for mealtime' I just keep shoveling out the food on demand. It sounds like you had the best time with the kids. I did too. We had all 23 family members here and it was awesome. My house is pretty small, so every sofa and bed was full and we even had the camper pulled up to the back door and stuffed full. I was afraid they wouldn't be warm enough out there, but everyone seemed comfortable for the 4 nights they were here. Luckily I didn't have all 23 here, only the long distant 13. It was so much fun.
    I loved seeing the fort your kids made. Isn't this how it should be??? Love it and I know you do too.
    much love to you...

    ReplyDelete