Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, July 8, 2010

ANOTHER LAST MINUTE

Project!!! How they can be put on the back burner. My daughter-in-law wanted to make her boys comforters for their beds. The boys wanted an army room so I picked up camo fleece and two different other color fleece before Christmas. She has wanted warm but not heavy or fluffy covers. She also wanted me to show her how to make them. Well as you can tell time just slipped on by and it is now summer and still fabric sitting. So the conversation goes something like this Tuesday evening. Sure I have time, why don't you come on over and we can get started. Her- what were your plans for dinner. Me- haven't even thought about it yet but I have lot of meat in the freezer. Her - well I'll bring everything else. Now mind you this is about 4:30pm. So defrost pork chops, put them into a yummy rub and wait for the family to show up before grilling. At 6:30pm I get the call we are running a little late but we are on our way. So on go the chops!
At 8:30 we start the comfort project. Now I have to tell you my daughter-in-law doesn't really sew. I also have to tell you I don't think I am a very good teacher or at least one with patience. She got all fabric cut out and pinned together. She started the process of sewing around the blankets so we could turn them. She has decided that she will stick to scrap booking, sewing isn't her thing. So at 10:00 pm she headed home. One note my son and kids had gone home at 8:30pm.
I looked at the project after she left and decided it just needed to be finished. So I completed both and was crawling in to bed at 11:15pm, not bad! I had to laugh about here we have nice warm snuggle comforters and it is 97 degree out during the day. Today is suppose to hit 100 degrees. Oh well, they will look nice on their beds and they will love the camo.

It wasn't exactly the last minute but a project that was way overdo and now it is done. So onto the next! I know I will get inspired this weekend for I am going to the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show in Sisters, OR. There will be over 1,200 quilts on display all over the town. I'm sure my sister and I will have lots of fun.

Enjoy June



3 comments:

  1. Love them and I bet the boys will love and enjoy them. Did you get to eat the pork chops? Sounds like you were pretty busy with the comforters. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great...I know they'll be a hit! The Sisters quilt show another bucket list wish. Have a blast and take pictures. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi June! What a sweet grammy you are to stay up and finish these! My parents live outside of Vancouver, WA and I have been to the quilt show at a living farm museum near Battleground a few times that is really sweet. Sisters is a gorgeous place and I bet that show is wonderful! Thank you for your great suggestion on my giveaway post. I'm keeping track of them all and then will take an afternoon to look up all of the lights on line. So far, it has been so much fun!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete