Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sister's Outdoor Quilt Show

Wow, wow, wow is all I can say. Every building was covered with hanging quilts on display. I heard there were over 1300 quilts through out the town. The worlds largest outdoor quilt show. I'm not sure I even saw half but I did take over a hundred pictures. But until I get a photo software editing I will not be posting all the pictures. I hope to do a mosaic so I can get many in one shot. But I have to share a few with you since I walked from 9:30am until 5:00 pm or later to see as many as I could. Sore feet come to mind!











This quilt was awesome. I can't imagine how long it took the lady to do this and the other one from the picture above. There are thousands of little tiny pieces to creature the shading that creates the design. It was just amazing.

It was a fun weekend camping with my sister and brother in law. Central Oregon has it own beauty. We had a BBQ at a friends house which had the most awesome view from Bend, OR to Redmond, OR and can you believe I didn't take one picture. Where was my head? I think I was awe struck. Good excuse anyway.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Enjoy June

9 comments:

  1. WOW, that car is crazy! Thanks for the fun visit. Next time I will bring the ice tea. Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The car is crazy, hah. Some really beautiful quilts. Hope your feet heal fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW,, You took some great shots.. Sounds like you had a fabulous time with family too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful time...thanks for sharing it with us. The quilts look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilts, your earlier post showing your roses - I am so jealous! My roses are horrible this year, they have black spot and just look yucky. Yours are beautiful! Hope to see you at my show in Aug.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Junebug this would have been so awesome to see in person. I have been working on the same quilt for two years and it will look nothing like these when it's done! LOL! I am not a quilter...just a quilter wanna be.
    I used to go through that part of Oregon on my way to see my parents, who lived in Lincoln City. The drive was so looong, but we always stopped in Bend to visit a rock garden there. It was full of tiny little rock houses and it was always the highlight of the trip for our children.
    Have you been camping much this Summer? We hope to go next week. And then in Aug. My sisters and sister-in-law have a camping trip planned just for us girls. Now that oughtta be fun.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers! What a beautiful bunch of quilts. Oh to have that kind of time and talent!!! Thanks for sharing. Oh , and I know a website that you can upload your pics to make a mosaic. No software needed. Let me know if you want the link!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. That's all I can say, too! How in the world would you pick a favorite??? Altho I really like that second blue/green one - looks like water, like ocean, and I'm all about anything turquoise/blue/green that has to do with the ocean! The quilting on it is beautiful! I'm glad you shared photos of these with us - they are gorgeous. They have a big quilt show in Houston that I'd love to attend someday. I've done a few quilts, but they are nothing like those works of art. Mine are just scrap quilts just to USE. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete