Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, July 22, 2010

SILLY

Since my camera is giving me fits I decided to look at some previous saved photos. I came across one and had to laugh. I can be so silly, mushy and such a softy at time. You see when I was a little girl I had many dolls but two were my favorite. One went to dolly heaven many, many years ago. The first vinyl dolls just didn't hold up. The other one was a sock doll that my mother had made when they adopted me at a few weeks old. It went everywhere with me. Somewhere in the last move it disappeared. Now that move was 8 years ago. I kept telling myself it will turn up. I tore my cedar chest apart for that is where she should had been. The only good thing about that was the cedar chest needed reorganizing.

I had a water reservoir to my heat pump in the garage crack. It created quite a mess and I had to move all the soaked boxes and "stuff" out to dry. Now it couldn't be that I crammed too many things in the garage and broke the plastic reservoir, nah, not me! Guess what I found?? Yes, you guess it, my sock doll. Well she needed a good washing and I was so afraid she would be to fragile. So I washed her by hand and hug her out to dry.



I think she even enjoyed the sunny day hanging on the clothes line. She is still pretty discolored but I think it adds character to her. She has yarn hair and an embroidered face. So now that she is found she will never be lost again. But where to put her? So for now she will reside with my no face doll on my bed.


I pretty sure with the smile on her face she is very happy she is found and knows she will always have a special place in my heart.

Enjoy June






4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, glad that the doll was found. I didn't know you were adopted. I love seeing adoptees lving happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, I love your doll story.. I have a favorite Raggedy Ann living here in my guest room. I have made a few others, like your faceless one but this one I purchased at a time in my life when I really needed her....She makes me smile when I walk by the open door and see her there.. Silly? maybe but we are intitled..Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story and sweet little doll. She looks quite contented on that bed. :) I'm an adoptive mom and have an amazing daughter. All grown up now, but still the daughter I wished for in every way. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Would love you to join us some Thursday for my new Simple Pleasures series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Junebug,
    Whew, I am so glad that you were able to find your sweet doll. I can't imagine losing a treasure like that, and I am sure that she means the world to you. Doesn't she look so happy to be there in your bed in the arms of your other little doll?
    It sounds like you had a bad week in your last post. I hope that things are looking a little brighter. And I love your attitude about it all. Isn't it all about our attitude?

    I wanted to thank you for your sweet words to me and the encouragement you gave. I still need a gardener, soooo, maybe when there done with the shoot you can move in.hehe
    hugs

    ReplyDelete