Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, July 19, 2010

JUST SMILE

This post is about Murphy's Law. Anything that can go wrong does. Or how about if it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all. Is your glass half full or half empty. This past weekend and even before has been a test for me. I've had a lot of activities on my agenda so I've had lots of opportunity for such luck. A funny thing has happen to me. It seems that no matter what goes wrong, don't sweat it and just smile. I have been living by this and you know things that could be mountains have turned into little mole hills. Yes, there have been some disappointment, some extra work but over all I have a wonderful, fantastic life.

Saturday was a beautiful day with the anticipation of a Garden Party with fellow classmates. Three fellow classmates and myself threw a 60Th birthday party for all of us last year. Well everyone had so much fun they wanted to do it again this year. So we planned, organized, decorated and had a wonderful time again. I mean wonderful time! I took lots of pictures and was so looking forward to doing a small album for everyone, blog about the party and post on Classmates & Facebook. Guess What? I think my camera is giving up the ship. Not a single one turned out. Now I would blame it on me but others used my camera and the same, no pictures. So I just smiled!!! Look at it from the bright side; I have put on weight this past year so now I can stay in denial of seeing myself as two ton tank. Just Smile!

I got my new refrigerator delivered this weekend. Yeah, this is exciting. I am on a two year kitchen remodel. It is called pay as you go! I knew I would have to take the old cabinet above the refrigerator down for the new one was taller. I had measured and remeasured the width. I guess I need new glasses. The space was too small!! So I got out the reciprocating saw and cut the cabinet. Oh did I do a customer job on it, hee-hee! The refrigerator fits now. So I look like a hillbilly kitchen for now. Just Smile!

I went to haul the Barbie Playhouse to my granddaughters house and Guess What? The tire on the utility trailer was flat! Just Smile! So I asked very nicely of my neighbor for his service. He came over last night and changed it for me so off to the tire shop this week I go. I think he even enjoyed helping me since he always offers but I never take up the offer. I am very thankful for my neighbors.

I could go on with a few more events but I've bored you long enough. So with my glass half full and I'll take a break from the blog today - with no pictures. I hope all of you can Just Smile when things don't quit go as planned.

Enjoy June

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about the pictures, the flat tire and the fridge not fitting into the space. Glad you are smiling through it all...it will get better and you have lots of good days ahead to make up for the past weekend. Smiling here too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Junie.... Just smile "says it all" Things just happen don't they? And tomorrow is another day.. there may be a sale on Cameras next week... Love reading your posts... and I am smiling..

    ReplyDelete