Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, December 6, 2011

MAKING PROGRESS

The contractor is done! Do you see me doing the happy dance? It took longer then expected but he finished up Saturday and charged me a $100 less. Can you imagine that? He re textured all the walls in the living room and bathroom. All new ceiling but they are still drying. So no painting ceilings until Wednesday.

Here is the good part while I was at work yesterday my sister came to my house and started cutting in the trim so all the walls would be ready for paint when I got home. What a special sister I have. But wait, it doesn't stop there. My daughter came down and while I was at work she started rolling the walls. So what a surprise to arrive home and all the walls except the bathroom and one in the kitchen were done. Yes, you heard me! Walls painted, oh the happy two step I was doing. We finished the bathroom in no time and now onto the ceiling soon.

I have my entertainment center in the living room and one chair moved in. But someone decided I didn't need to sit and watch TV for their was way to much work to be done.

Tonight I will put a second coat of paint on where needed and I think I will move in my Christmas tree. Yes, a chair, TV and a tree! Hopefully soon the work will be done and everything back to normal.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful sister and daughter. They are the best and I love them so!

Thankful June

3 comments:

  1. I'd be doing the Happy Dance as well. See, finished in good time. You had some really nice elves helping you. How sweet. I bet you are excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to have freshly painted walls? Easier than cleaning them...ha! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, to have help with painting is THE best! I am not a happy camper with that chore and get it everywhere. You're going to be so ready for the holidays with a fresh new home. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete