You got it, I got a speeding ticket. Ugh, #@%^&, but I have no excuse. Well maybe a little like I was at an area not familiar with, been driving for 2 hrs, was in a line of 4 cars, they were are doing the same speed. So why me out of the pack? Don't know and wasn't going to ask the officer that either. The fact was I was spacing out, driving along, mind on getting back to work. The bold fact is I was doing over the speed limit!!
Now get this! The office told me since no citations show up on my record I was eligible for diversion. Now in Oregon when I hear diversion I immediately think of drunk driving. I informed the "nice" officer that I hadn't been drinking. Plus it was 9:30 am!!!
So this morning I spent 4 hours in Driving School. It was well worth the 4 hours and $50.00 to keep this ticket off my record. I don't need my insurance going up. But it was very interesting at school. For we were all there for the same reason but it sure varied from what court sent you. The majority of the people didn't even have to pay there fine if they completed this class. Nope not me. In my court I could only qualify for the class if I paid the full amount. So I pleasantly paid my $190 bucks to the court. I have to tell you something funny about this class. It was a class participation with group discussion. Wow, oh wow, was youth attitude apparent. Talk about the young not getting the concept of consequences.
She needs to keep a coat on for she has NO hair except ears and tail! Oh well it will grow if she doesn't catch a chill first. Plus the coat is to also keep her from scratching! Poor puppy!
Enjoy the remainder of your weekend, I will now!
JUNE
You in Oregon? me too.
ReplyDeletesorry for the ticket my son is a officer and well sometimes it is deserved.
My daughter in law is an officer also. She got a good chuckle out of Hot Rod Grannie!
DeleteWell, June....you are in good company. I got a speeding ticket the other week, too! Bad girls!! Luckily the officer charged me with failure to obey a traffic sign....that way I didn't get any points on my record.....just had to pay a fine. Now I am using cruise control to avoid the lead foot situation!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are SOME BAD GIRL! lol I can't imagine what the fine would have been if you had to pay almost $200 for the class!! It is nasty that they stay on your insurance record for so long. Yes, I know because I got my first ticket in 18 years two years ago.
ReplyDeletePoor baby....Jazi you look..... I would freak, poor mama!
BTW I like your new header!
ReplyDeleteI always have TT shaved bare naked when I take him to the groomers, ears and all. It's easier for me that way for some reason and I think he looks more terrier. Jazi looks pretty cute to me :)
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for the ticket June. Darn it. Tickets here in Idaho when Dale retired last March were $85 unless you are 16 mph over the posted limit, then they are $150. WOW $190 is A LOT of money!!! I am so bad at speeding. I have got to be much better. I will have to be a good girl when I go to Oregon to see mom :)
Thank you for your sweet note my friend!!!
hugs from here...
Speeding tickets, bald doggies, pretty flowers in your garden and free range hens begging at your door, gosh, I've been gone too long!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the ticket and I can only imagine what the class was like. That's a lot of money, drat.
So good to be back to visit, June!