Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Have A Weakness!

Wait, I have more then one weakness so lets don't count! Most people go to Reno for the gambling, the shows and nightlife! Yes, I did put $20 into the machines and lost $20 in the machines. My entire gambling in Reno! There were no headline shows while we were there and I'm simply to old for the nightlife. So what did I do you ask? Well I spent some time with the bride's parents getting last minute thing for the wedding and also picking up the wedding cake. During our outings we drove by this one store 4 times. Each time my neck craned to see what it was. So on Monday I had a late flight and the majority of friends had departed. I checked my bags with the hotel and set out on foot. You see this store I figured was only about fifteen blocks away. The sun was out and I was in need of exercise. So off I went to explore JUNKIES! That was the name of the store and written on the building was words like recycle, reuse, antiques and plain junk!

I really don't know how many vendors this place had but I spent several hours looking at all the "junk". There were several things I was interested in but had to remind myself that it must fit on the airplane. Then I spotted it! It was covered up with a lace tablecloth hiding on the floor. I actually was looking at the tablecloth and thinking of using the lace for vintage pillows and accessories.
I recognized the black box and my heart skipped a beat. I seen empty ones many times so I was cautious to open it.

I opened it up and there it was peaking out at me. Could it be true? Yes, it is! Can I get it on the plane? I'll figure out a way!You got it! A Singer Featherweight! I've passed up a few some years back but haven't found one in my price range since. I thought and I thought so I called my sister for her help. Should I spend the money. The problem is I have my eye on a possible vintage trailer and now this. Am I maxing out my budget. Well my sister said if it works buy it and she will take it if I don't.

It still has all the operating books, lots of extra bobbins, a buttonhole attachment and even a few vintage buttons.

It even has a box full of attachment that I haven't even look to see what they all do. Yes, it is in need of a good clean but it works!

To end this story I did take a taxi back to the Casino. But I had to ask the hotel bell hop to let me repack my suitcase and carry on. You see I needed now to carry on my new/old sewing machine. So Reno was good to me for I came home with a prize for my money!

Yes, weakness of sewing machines! But I don't have to go to Sewing Machine Anonymous just yet!

Enjoy June

8 comments:

  1. Oh so sweet you found one. Was it a good price. I'd love one and also would love a vintage trailer. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! Good for you! I can't wait to introduce to to the sewing machine Queen when you get here for Farm Chicks...Grace...she has about 24. Show us us a picture of the trailer!!!! I can't wait to see it. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! What's this about a new trailer? Share!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You carried that on??
    Wow, you are strong! I love the wee antique machines too.
    But have never found one to buy. I'm glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom had one just like this, with the case and the attachments. That thing was a workhorse, and I have fond memories of learning to sew on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found a gem!!!! How exciting. These are getting so hard to come by these days. Yay for you!!!!

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey June...it's June! No, not the month! You know, the other one with the little white dog : ) It seems like ages since I have been here. I LOVE that you bought the machine! I just can't believe that you would walk all that way to get it. I was reading it and thought...now if she says she walked all the way back, I'm really going to feel like a slug! It's a beauty and you will love it!!! If you are like me (and I know you are) you are going to get so much use out of that pretty thing. I know you love to sew too and I can see you working away on it. This is a great find!

    I loved reading your post about the wedding. The bride and groom are a darling pair!!!! I LOVED the brooch bouquet!
    sending love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make it stop raining!!!! P S You have Squiggly words!!!

    ReplyDelete