You heard me! This past weekend I ventured out for my first of many future camping trips with Sister's on the Fly. I traveled to Spokane, WA to camp and attend the Farm Chicks Show. Can you combine any more two things of fun? I will admit the 7 hour trip was a little tiring, but the trailer pulled great and the scenery was great! Even the 7 hrs back home from all the fun was uneventful. So I'm ready to roll again. So check out my weekend!
If you don't know Sister's on the Fly, go check them out on the website. They are an organization of women from all walks of life that enjoy the outdoors, camping, fly fishing, and vintage trailers. I don't have a vintage trailer (yet) but so enjoy meeting all the girls. I'm sharing a few of the many trailers that were there. Where was my camera most of the time? Yep, you got it, not with me!
Isn't this the cutest lamp? It actual was her Grandmother corset stretch over a lamp shade! These last two were our Island Girl!
I decorated my trailer up a little. It was fun and I have a lot more I want to do from seeing all the ideas.
This is the inside of my trailer. I chose a yellow, green and red color scheme. The hankies hanging from my valances were some of my mothers. I truly was cozy and slept like a log, zzzzz!
I did a little decorating the outside area. The chairs are a little crammed together since we had a down pour come through. I'll be working on this setting for the next camp out.
A quick peek into a few other trailers:
Then it was on to Saturday night's celebrations! Let the party begins!
Yes, we do dress up in our petty coats, hats, boots and what ever you choose. Let's be silly girls! Did you say dance?
Yes, we learned African Tribal Dance. Let's just say I was taking this picture for I learned I am not quitting my day job anytime soon!
This fun event doesn't just happen by a miracle. We had the most fabulous hostesses!
Miss Grace and Miss Juli are the greatest. You may not recognize from this picture all the hard work they put in to pull off a wonderful weekend. Did I mention food, OM Gosh can these and all the girls cook!
One last thing, we must show off our boots!!
What a fun group of gals, I believe there was 32 in all for the fun and silliness! I will be joining up with them again for I felt so welcome. Did I have more fun then anyone, YES!
Enjoy June



Oh that looks like so much fun. Is the first trailer yours. The inside is so cute.
ReplyDeleteThe first trailer isn't mine. My trailer isn't vintage. It is only twenty years old so it is called a newbie!
DeleteWhat a blast!!
ReplyDeleteWe bought a 1960's era trailer a few years ago, and made it mechanically, and weather sound.
Our son, Spencer, takes it up on the mountain and lives in it all summer.
When he is through with this job.. I would LOVE to decorate it and join Sisters on the Fly!!
Thanks so much for sharing such a fun outing.
p.s.. Just curious... are hubbies allowed to go?
Thanks for posting some of the fun pictures, I never got any all weekend...just took too many on my trip! Sorry I didn't escort you out of town. I went down to help Heather and Grace pack up their trailers...Heather hurt her back.
ReplyDeleteSee you again soon...and I think I HAD MORE FUN THAN ANYONE! ;)
What a blast..too fun..I think I heard about your group from my step daughter several years ago?? 20years old and it's a newbie???Guess you don't go too far?? Love the lamp..
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh June...you did have a grand time...I would love to go sometime...cute lamp. .Did you come home with any treasures?
ReplyDeleteLooks and sounds like you had so much fun! Some day I want to do this. I sure missed Farm Chicks this year. Next year I will be there without a doubt! Hugs! Florence
ReplyDeleteI have another friend who went on her "sisters on the fly" weekend. Now you both got me hooked.
ReplyDeleteOh what fun!!! That is great that you went. I sure wish I were closer, I'd have me a trailer and would join you all!! Gotta love that Gracie...she is a hoot. I flew out to WA 3 summers ago and spent a week with her. We had a blast!!!! I should do that again some time!
ReplyDeleteYep, it's true! we do have more fun than anyone!
ReplyDeleteHappy Trails!
Wow that is awesome that you went to go glampin!!! The sisters are so very cute and I am in love with your cutey patootey trailer.
ReplyDeleteI finally got a reliable truck in which to pull my vintage. I now hope to get out there and join up with some of these gals too. Looks as though you gals had a lot of fun. Loved the pics.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a fabulous time! The inside of your trailer looks very comfortable and sweet. I love the chairs that you brought along. Glad you had a great time.
ReplyDelete@ 3Beeze Homestead