Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, June 11, 2012

DID YOU SAY SUMMER?

I can't hear you?  Please shout summer louder!  I truly think Mother Nature is all confused!





 Do you see what I see?  This was my Saturday morning trip to my sons.  Yes, I do go over the Cascade Range to get to Central Oregon but come on, summer is only 9 days away!  Okay, okay, I won't stretch the truth.  On Saturday summer was 11 days away.  It was also 31 degrees!  What is the deal?

I should be swimming in there pool this time of the year.  Crazy me, I did bring my swimsuit with me.  It never left my overnight bag.  I was so bundled up for my grandson's baseball game you would have thought I was in the Artic.

The main reason for going to Bend this weekend was dance recitals of grand kids. My little grandson's recital was Sunday at 2pm which meant we were there at 1pm.  It was so cute with little grade school boys doing Hip Hop! At 4 pm was dress rehearsal for my grand daughter's dance recital on Wed. evening.  Needless to say I mainly sat from 1pm until 7pm that evening watching dance.  What a Grammy doesn't do for precious grand kids!  With being that late I made the decision not to drive home last night.

So at 5am I was on the road again!!  This mornings drive was quite different then Saturday mornings.



The sun was just coming up which provided a pink sky over The Three Sister Mountains. It was so quiet out and very little traffic.
Oops!  Can't remember my mountains this morning.  This is either Mt. Washington or Mt. Jefferson in the distance.  Now you must remember I am driving down the highway sticking the camera out the window, while trying not to let go plus snapping the picture.   It's amazing the pictures turned out as well as they did.

One final note on driving directly to work this morning from Bend (yes, a 2 1/2 hr trip) is Miss Jazi is here at work with me.  She is in heaven sleeping under my desk!!  She really is worn out since my son's family has a 6 month old puppy that wants to play continual.  Miss Jazi tried to tell her she was an old lady and needed her rest.

Here's to a great start to a new week!

Enjoy June

1 comment:

  1. Oh I feel ya sister!!
    We too have had crazy weather this year!!
    Our plants froze.....again. Make that #4!!

    The shots of the road and mountains are gorgeous... thanks for risking life and limb to get them...LOL!

    Enjoy this week.

    Smiles :)
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete