There are two things that help remind me that summer has final arrived. One is my strawberries start producing. I've done the first picking and got four batches of freezer jam. Of course this isn't quite enough since I share with all my grand kids. I do have one grand daughter who will not even try it. Her comment is " it's too pink". I guess that leaves more for the rest of us.
She is quite the picky eater and I hope someday she will start venturing out with her food choices. But she is growing like a weed so no worries if all she wants is chicken nuggets!
The other sign I know summer has arrived is I switch vehicles I drive! Yes, the Junebug comes out of the garage. She stays tucked away all winter where it is nice and warm. With the gas prices I also like driving her since my Tahoe likes to drink gas and tell me it tastes good. Plus all the grand kids always want to go for a ride. I was up at my daughters last night and who could resist their sweet smiles and Grammie can you take us for a ride? So off we went cruising the neighborhood and one final stop at the Donutland! Can you believe they are open until 10pm. Yes, fresh donuts at night!!!
I hope everyone is enjoying the start of summer and finding simple fun things to do with your kids and grand kids! I sure do!
Enjoy June

Oh, I'm loving your car.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun grammy you are! I love that car and the thought of a warm night's drive with the top down.
ReplyDeleteThis is so great! Brought a smile to my face seeing your grandchildren with huge grins having a ride in the convertable. Ahh simple pleasures. Donuts to boot too, it couldn't get any better!!! Love it!
ReplyDelete@ 3Beeze Homestead
How fun and what great memories you are creating. The strawberry jam sure looks yummy! Hugs! Florence
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome!!
ReplyDeleteWhat great summer memories you are making with your grands!!
If we ever get grands, I plan on being a fun grandma...just like you :)
Love that strawberry jam.... I'm so impressed that you were able to harvest enough of your own strawberries to make jam!!
Have fun this weekend!!
Smiles :)
Kerin