Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Friday, June 15, 2012

Signs of Summer

Thank you, Thank you, Mother Nature heard you shouting!  The weather is finally starting to warm up around here.  Well at least the sun is out this morning. I've been like a wild women out in my yard.  I'm trying to get ahead of the weeds.  Let me clue you that has been a challenge.  I keep thinking, when I retire I will have all the time in the world.  But, if like my usual style I will just cram more activities into the day and still wonder why I don't get anything accomplished. Does anyone else do this?

My poor peonies took a beating this year.  Just when they were in full bloom we got rain, more like down pour.  So I haven't had many bouquets in the house, sad. I  picked a few and plopped the in a vase so I could enjoy there fragrance last night.

Oops! Forgot to take the old radio off the table before snapping the picture,  Yes, it still works and it goes in my trailer for glamping!

I also picked a few pinks or mini carnations.  They are so sweet and smell so good. 

They seem to like this old creamer that came from my Gramma's house in Iowa, a long, long time ago.  I think it makes a cute vase.

Yeah, the first picking!


This the first of many, I hope!  Now it is starting to look like summer when the strawberries ripen. So here's to a great weekend with working in the yard and garden for me.  Plus one very important grand daughters dance recital.

Enjoy June

6 comments:

  1. Oh, what a bummer about your peonies. Mine are just starting to open, and we have a string of sunny days coming up, so maybe they won't all end up getting bent down to the ground and splashed with mud. Your strawberries look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. June
    I'm happy for you that summer is finally there!
    The flowers look beautiful to me!
    And that pitcher from your g'mother is such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful..Love the "vase"...Mmmmm strawberries..Yumm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh June! you sound like me.. Always something to do.. and when you retire You will just add more to your days.. and nights. Your flowers look great and I can visualize how they smell... be sure to squeeze in a few hours to do nothing .. it makes a big difference.. but I see you are doing a little of that smelling the flowers and eating strawberries.. Good for you.
    * the recital pictures on FB are adorable to BTW.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first batch of peonies drowned too. My second set should be coming on while I am at Sisters...I think I will take some as I will not get to enjoy them otherwise. It is real windy here today....but I have lots to do...so.... Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly deserve some good weather June. I hope that everyday from now till Fall is s gorgeous one for you. It is blowing so hard here today that I am hoping I still live in the same zip code when I wake up tomorrow : ) I just got home from my reunion and haven't been able to walk through the garden yet, but as I look out I can see some peonies blooming. If the wind dies down this evening, I think I'll go out and pick a few.

    I hope you have a great week dear friend! Talk to you soon.
    hugs from me...

    ReplyDelete