Last spring my sister and I made a whirl wind trip to No. Dakota. We stayed with our Aunt and had a wonderful time. This trip got my sister to thinking. Her thinking doesn't hurt or tax the brain like my thinking does. She thought it would nice to make Aunt Shirley a quilt for her bedroom. Last month Aunt Shirley was here in Oregon for a few days before heading to an Alaska Inland Passage Cruise. My clever sister put some quilt magazine on her breakfast bar with a few pictures of quilts out. She was hoping that maybe Aunt Shirley would make a comment on one. And boy did she. She really like the one my sister secretly had chosen. So we now are onto the project of Aunt Shirley's quilt for her 80Th birthday in October. I know, not much time especially with me being gone on vacation next month. It calls for 25 pieces of retro print, plus 3 border colors, and blue and white solids. I have 15 of the retro prints all preshrunk and ironed. My sister has the border and the blue & white solids. I am using a Fons & Porter pyramid grid to cut after strips are sewn together.

So now we need to pick up 10 more pieces of fabric to fill in with missing colors. I do think it will turn out really nice. Thank goodness my sister has a quilting frame and long arm sewing machine. She can do the machine stippling, yeah and yeah. I try to do free hand and only little pieces, needless to say I'm not very good at it. My sister says practice, practice!

This picture isn't the greatest but when using my flash it gave such a glare. But you get the idea of what the quilt is suppose to look like when finished. Don't worry I will have plenty of pictures if I have any feeling in my fingers left from marathon sewing.
Hugs to everyone and I hope you are having a great week!
Enjoy June
You have quite a job ahead of you. How nice for you and your sister to do that for your aunt. She will love it.
ReplyDeleteFridge is fixed......alot cheaper than a new one. Still have the headache.
Have a great vacation.
Oh, my! You two are going to be doing some fast sewing, but what a wonderful gift for your Aunt.
ReplyDeleteHappy sewing and I can't wait to see pictures of the beautiful quilt.
Hugs
Hi June,
ReplyDeleteI think your aunt is going to love this. Wow, you two are very awesome to get get this done by October. I wish you both luck on this labor of love.
Happy belated birthday to your daughter Lisa. Daughters are such a gift and a blessing. (and so are son-in-laws who help you out).
I hope all is well with you. Everything is great in my part of the world.
hugs,
june