I have decided I need to work on a new plan for my yard and garden. I'm getting very close to no blooms in my yard until the fall flowers start to bloom. So that means homework! Yep, back to studying to find a few flowers that will bloom all through August in the Northwest. But I have a few that are still blooming so I will share.
My lilies have grown so tall this year. They are as tall as me but that isn't say much! They have provided such great fragrance that my neighbors are even commenting on them. They can smell then at their home.
Rose gone wild come to mind. This rose bush I rescued and transplanted in my yard 6 years ago. It has been blooming continually since the first of June. I think it will need a good trimming.
My fuchsia has overtaken my little angel, you can barely see her wings.
A couple of glads and many more to bloom. So hopefully I will have them for a couple of weeks.
I love the color of this glad and wish there were more blooming, but it's the only one.
So that is it for this Friday. I'm off to my hometown's county fair on Saturday. They always have a great flora exhibit. More pretty flower to look at. Have fun this weekend and appreciate the simple things in life.
So now go check out Tootsie at http://www.tootsietime.com/ and then my friend June, yes we share the same name. She has the yard and garden of my dreams and what a photographer http://laughingwithangels.blogspot.com/
Enjoy June
Such lovely flowers ... particularly loved those lilies. I just love white in the garden, so I'm drawn to your white lily ... however, the pink is a beauty. Of course, loved your white glad as well.
ReplyDeletebeautiful blooms
ReplyDeleteYou still have beautiful color in your gardens right now. Good luck with the plant research!
ReplyDeleteOh what a lovely garden you have. All of your flowers are beautiful, but I really like the fuchsia, roses and glads. Such a beautiful combination. Oh, and Laughing With Angels, I checked it out. I can see why that's your dream garden. I think it may be mine, too. :-) Wow.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have yourself a very beautiful weekend,
Susan
clucklebees.blogspot.com/
http://simplepleasuressimpletreasures.blogspot.com/2010/08/sunflowers-sqaush-and-few-bees-oh-my.html
Beautiful. Love the glads and lilies.
ReplyDeleteYour gladiolas are so pretty, I wish I had planted some this year. The lilies are gorgeous and the fuschia looks so perfect with the statue. Have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love your lilies. They are gorgeous. Have a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteYour fuchsia are so lovely. They brought back some delightful family memories of my grandparents who had them all around. My grandmother was a senior gardening expert who passed on her great skills to my mom, but only some to me. But enough to keep me happy :)
ReplyDeleteYour garden is lovely and now I feel inspired.
ReplyDeleteI need to start planning what I will be working on this fall.
Yikes!
I better get busy,
Laura
White Spray Paint