I have the day off from work today so it is onward with painting ceilings. It is a damp raining day outside, one that you want to just snuggle in. I had a little prime rib left over from Christmas day so what to do? I grew up with parents from the depression era and you didn't throw any left overs out. So a beef vegetable soup came to mind.
First it was the left over ribs into the crock pot.

Then lets add some left over broth and some beef broth. I'm going to left this simmer on low for several hours until the meat falls off the bone. The prime rib was so good and seasoned I'm thinking this is going to make a fantastic flavorful soup.
So with the meat simmering I turn my attention to paint. It all mixed and ready to go.
Then lets add some left over broth and some beef broth. I'm going to left this simmer on low for several hours until the meat falls off the bone. The prime rib was so good and seasoned I'm thinking this is going to make a fantastic flavorful soup.
I best get back to painting, my break is over!
Enjoy June
I too gravitate to a special mug as well. Hope your painting job goes well and quickly. Happy New Year! Hugs! Florence
ReplyDeleteOh my, I do hate painting-especially ceilings!
ReplyDeleteHope it all goes well for you.
That moose mug looks like something I would pick,
but it would have to be holding tea instead of coffee!
Have a great New Year's Eve!