Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, February 16, 2012

BOOK SIGNING

Have you ever gone to a book signing, not only to see the author but mainly to visit? That is what I did last night. One of my high school classmate's daughter is an author and she was in town for her latest novel. So I grab a classmate of mine and off we went. Now add to this is I was watching three of my grand children so guess who was also along. I know I was pushing my luck trying to get three young ones to sit quietly during the presentation. But hay, I was there for the visiting afterwards.

So with that, have any of you read Lisa Gardner's suspense novels? If you are a suspense novel reader they are very good. Her new one Catch Me was just release and it made #2 on the New York's Bestsellers list as of yesterday.
Now confession time! I'm not a suspense novel reader. I'm more into romance(not smut) or biography. Or give me a cook book to read any day! Now here we go with the brain again that doesn't function. What a great photo opportunity! A picture with the author, her mom and us two classmates. Nope, Nada, Nothing! Could it have been I was talking too much, running after grand kids or plain lack of brain cells. Kimberly of http://campandcottageliving.blogspot.com
reminded me to be in the habit of having my camera with me at all times. Yes, you guessed it. It was in my purse with me the whole entire time.

If you get a chance to go to a book signing of Lisa Gardner, please go. She is a delightful young lady that you will wonder where these ideas for her books come from. She must have marvelous brain cells!

Enjoy reading whatever your choice maybe,
June

4 comments:

  1. June
    I'm going to have to look this up at the library because I love mysteries and suspense.
    Beleive me, if I had three g'children running around, I wouldn't have remembered to take a photo either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read as much as I should, but when I do it's always pretty light reading or something medical about Landon's syndrome.(that's a little deep)
    I'm glad you got to have a night out visiting June. I think it's about time for me to do the same. Winter is getting a little long : )
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for visiting my blog! I wish I had a little more time to read :) looks like a great book.What a sweet blog you have,so glad I found you. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look this author up. I'm always looking for books for our book club. I'm going to a book launch party soon. One of my friends recently published her first novel. (for kids)

    ReplyDelete