Oh why, oh why do I procrastinate? I am not a fan of some of the maintenance a home owner faces. Soooooooo, I tend to put if off and them it bites me! Like cleaning gutters. Yep, I tend to put it off but then it has been raining for who know how long and do I want to do it in the rain, NO.
But looky, looky the gutters are not draining and they are over flowing. This is not good for the roof. The roof already is in need of replacing but golly I don't need to help it along.
It is creating a large puddle that is overflowing down into flower beds and then finally into the street. I already have a lake in the street from the abnormal amount of rain we have had.
So first it is put the ladder up so you can climb up in a down pour along with wind. Now normally I'm not afraid of heights but today it is really wet. I don't want to slip and end up on the cement drive. I can here my daughter now, did you have your cell phone on you? uhhhhhh no, oops!
Yes, you must make a fashion statement while cleaning gutters, right! Yes, that is me in pink lady bug boots, a green & pink vinyl poncho! It's really called lazy for I didn't want to dig out the proper rain gear. My thoughts were it would only take me a second to unplug. Let's just say I really needed a warm shower to get movement back in my figures. They got so cold, burrr!
So will I learn to clean gutter early, no not me! I think I need to get those rain guard they advertise on TV. They say you will never have to clean gutters again. For some reason my little brain say not clean gutters just have to clean the guards. That mean still up on the ladder and of course in fashion!
Enjoy June
PS, Will someone remind me to take down the Christmas greens hanging basket! Or should I say take down the Christmas "brown" hanging basket!
You crazy lady! You can buy a mess screen precut to fit the gutter and you just lay it down inside the gutter and you won't have to clean them! Easy cheap solution!
ReplyDeleteOpps you still have squiggly words!
Opps, MESH
ReplyDeleteWell girl..looks like you tackled that project like a pro....I think Karen has a great solution for those gutters.....unless you found a good looking (handiman) to hire.....for a cuppa coffee and a donut!..Take care my friend and be careful on that ladder!
ReplyDeleteCheryl
Even though I know we could use some of your rain, I am so glad the sun is shining here. Be careful up there on that ladder and I hope it stops raining soon. Patty
ReplyDeleteChecking for worms....
ReplyDeletePerfect...health check!
ReplyDelete