Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ouch - Muscles

Yes, that is me! How do I get so out of shape? The sun came out over the weekend so I got busy in my yard. Come Sunday night I think ever muscle in my body hurt. Please, don't tell me it is old age!

What is so funny is I couldn't take a picture of my accomplishment in my yard for you couldn't see it. That's right, hours of work and I looked around and wondered what I had did! I did turn the dirt in my garden boxes. Or should I say I turn mud and I had help.

Yes, she was looking for any treat that turned up. When I am out in the side yard my girls are always close by.
My magnolia is starting to bloom but the tree itself is kinda sad. I guess it is the type of tree that grows in all directions and doesn't put on pretty foliage. A decision on keep it or dig it up, humm?

I went to a garden show on Saturday morning and picked up a few new plants. Like I need more? This poppy had to come home with me. I also purchase another poppy that is "suppose" to be light pink. I did this a couple of years ago and when it bloomed it was red. So we will just be surprise when the new one blooms.

Look what else is coming up? My peonies!!! I so love peonies and can't wait for them to start blooming. But I will have to keep a close watch on the weather prediction. Just in case they predict frost. I will be out there with old sheets covering them up for the night!

I watched grand kids Saturday evening, plus a couple neighbor kids. What possessed me to take them all out to dinner is beyond me.
They were wonderful. They colored as we waited for our food. They ate with manners so they got ice cream for dessert. I did have a couple of women pass our table and comment to me " you are brave".

Well it off to a wonderful week! Hopefully the sun keeps peaking out so I can get more spring yard work done. Of course it is never ending.

Enjoy June

8 comments:

  1. I bet you were tired. The yard work would have done me in.........glad the kids were so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree that you are very brave, but what fun!!!! I love making memories with the grands, don't you???
    Great work in the garden June...now how about coming over to help me? I'll buy you dinner :0
    I wish I had cute little garden helpers like yours.
    Oh give the little tree one more year, okay? You know what I do?? I threaten them and it seems like they do so much better the next year : )
    love from The other June...

    ReplyDelete
  3. June, I hear you, loud and clear, OUCH indeed. We're running around just like our chickens this spring, digging and tossing rocks around and darn, I just don't have time to blog or visit as much as I'd like. Just got in tonight at 9 and still have a sink full of dishes looking at me.

    The chickens are really naughty lately, they've been trampling the daffodils and tulips and flinging mulch everywhere. I usually let them loose until June when I plant the little annuals. Then they have to be patient and stay in their big outdoor enclosure. How many hens do you have?

    I Adore your daffodils, so many types and varieties. Gorgeous! My son has a yellow VW Bug sitting in my tractor shed right now in need of repairs. It startled me the other day when I went to get the tractor out, I forgot it was in there, lol.

    I am covered in pine sap right now and the computer keeps sticking to me, so I guess it's time to get to those dishes.

    Take care, dear lady, and don't work too hard. Your garden is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally know that feeling, however, not yet...we will get flowers here, won't we? My peonies are just starting to come up. Don't you dare take out that Star Magnolia! It will have leaves soon but they don't grow fast. I had one, loved it.
    How do you keep your chickens out of your gardens? Mine are doing what the above Karen said. They pulled up my recently plants bulbs.

    Love that you are so brave to take all the kids out...I bet they had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post! My husband and I had to dig up our well. We shoveled clay for 5 hours and both of had a hard time getting out of bed the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lucky you are June,,, I would give anything for my yellow Magnolia trees & my pink Peonies would start blooming... they are still fast asleep...and enjoying todays rains....
    >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had one busy weekend there. Yes you are brave to take all this little ones out to dinner. Oh the memories you are creating. Hugs! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  8. June
    Cleaning up a garden is hard work!!!
    But it will be worth it when it all starts blooming.
    You are a brave lady to take all the little ones out to eat.
    I bet it was a real treat for them!
    Take care and don't work so hard!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete