Do you have a project list a mile long? I sure do! I have on my list projects to start, projects hardly started, some in the works, some almost done and some still a pipe dream. I go through moments when I get unhappy with myself with so many irons in the fire I exhaust myself even thinking of my schedule.
Well guess what? I finished one, yeah! I forgot to take a picture of before I started so I looked into my old pictures. I found a picture of my kitchen in the process of being remodeled, one project still not done.
Take note of the door. Please ignore the rest. You notice this picture still has the old upper cabinets. Okay so I tell you to ignore and then I point out. Ugh, what is with me?
I had this idea of wanting a chalk board in my kitchen. One of my blogger friends introduce me to chalk board paint. She took an old picture frame and painted a board and wa la a chalk board. I thought, why couldn't I just paint a rectangle on the door and frame it. Thanks to my junking habit I found the perfect frame. I know it would have been nice if I took progress pictures but, nope not me, brain doesn't engage.
So the first writing was to Welcome my girlfriends yesterday for our potluck I was hosting. Everyone thought at first I had hung a chalk board on the door. So I got to tell them about this wonderful chalk board paint.
Last night when all the girlfriends had gone home and all was quiet. I added a new message to me. I see the door as I sit every morning having my coffee.
As I sit here and write this little post I truly am blessed and thankful. I have a wonderful family, great friends and future project & ventures to look forward to.
Enjoy June
That is so adorable! It looks like it belongs there...good job. Yes, you have many ventures....adventures with your trailer for the summer. We will get you out...the sisters!
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen looks bright and cheery. Love the blackboard.
ReplyDeleteI love your new chalk board, I have been so wanting to play with this chalk paint. You are an inspiration! Hugs! Florence
ReplyDeleteVery cute!!! Isn't chalk board paint the best. It makes things more fun.
ReplyDelete@ 3Beeze Homestead
Love your chalk board too.. and I have too many things on my list.. Will you come help me tackle a few? Thank Goodness I dont work.. I don't have time for that.!
ReplyDeleteLove reading what your doing....
Cheryl
Oh! Can I ever relate to that! I have a million lists and I swear if I live a dozen lifetimes I won't get it all done but then the joy is in the journey right? I keep telling myself that and it is. We only have right now but it is fun to plan and dream and then sometimes see it come true. I love your Gratitude saying! That's what keeps me happy! I've seen you on other blogs I visit but I didn't realize you had your own blog! DUH! We have lots of friends in common. Try not to get overwhelmed...I know that happens to me some days as I am LOTS slower than I used to be! LOL! Have a great day and I love your kitchen!
ReplyDeleteJune
ReplyDeleteI love your quote! And your chalkboard door too.
Love this June!!! My daughter had a kitchen door in the same spot in her old house and painted the whole door in chalkboard paint. The kids loved to write notes to each other and doodle on it. I thought it was the cleverest thing I had ever seen!
ReplyDeleteI wish I was going to Farm Chicks this year :( I would love to see you again!
sending love...