Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Kitchen

Oh to have a new kitchen! I started a remodel of my kitchen the end of last year. This is a project in steps. Some how that is just how the budget is going to work. First was the lower cabinets on the outside wall. With this I gained more counter space, dishwasher and a new sink. You see this little house didn't have a dishwasher when I purchased it. Yikes, I know but I survived.


I am so lucky I found a custom cabinet maker who was willing to do this kitchen in piece meal. He was cheaper then the big box stores. I still have the back splash to finish but that will have to wait until I have the upper cabinets made and installed. I want to do a tile back splash but don't know how much I need until the uppers are hung.

So now on to the next phase. The other side lower cabinets. But first this wall has to come down. I took off the wains coasting last night so now you know what this weekend holds for me, demolition.

Yes, that is blue painters tape at floor level. You see I am a fraidycat that a spider might crawl out during the night! So wish me luck taking down the wall. I am extending the counter to have a small breakfast bar. Then it will be on to the upper cabinets this fall, figures crossed on that.

Best be off to my daily ventures. I wish everyone a grrrrrrrreat day!

Enjoy June








3 comments:

  1. That's going to be awesome!! My home is always "in process" with something, somewhere. It will never be done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good so far. Keep those spiders at bay, yuck. I bet you have a BIG table to gather at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIrlfriend..It's looking good..& Horray for you..I'd love to seeit sometime when it's finished.
    You can come remodel here anytime !
    Have a super day!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete