Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New Mom of Teenagers!

Well, sort of! This is announcing the new arrival of teenage girls! I know I said no more chickens but I couldn't resist. I'd like you to meet Beverly and Phyllis. Now they being typical teenagers they didn't want there picture taken so you will have to look past the blurry!

First is Beverly, she is name after a dear blog friend who introduce me to the Crested Polish. She had a dear hen named Babs who disappeared. So in honor of Babs and Bev meet Beverly!


Next is her roommate. I really only wanted one extra girl but you just can't introduce one lone girl to the flock so meet Phyllis. I think as she grow up she will resemble Phyllis Diller. I know you young gals out in blog land probably don't even know who that is.


They are in their own cage in the hen house. I figure I would introduce then slowly to the rest of the girls. I'm sure they will all get along just fine once my other girls realize they are no different except for a puffy hairdo.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Enjoy June

5 comments:

  1. Oh June....well, I have never had anyone named after me...let alone a chicken!!!! She is beautiful. I hope she is as good a friend to you as Babs was to me!! Oh, I am so glad you got these two gals. You will really enjoy them!!

    I am touched!!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teenagers, lol. Beautiful little creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Girls. No sneaking out at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phyllis and Bev are GORGEOUS! I've never had crested polish chicklets before. Need to get to a poultry swap and maybe I could find a Phyllis and Beverly too. lol I love their names. Phyllis Diller -- a true hoot.

    Hope the newbies are accepted into the flock. It's so frustrating how chickens can be so mean to eachother! I have a rooster right now that's penned off by himself because the alpha rooster tried to kill him. Makes me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful! My dad loved chickens and always had a LOT of them and I do mean a lot. :) I have had them in the past but can't have them here, sometimes I miss having them. I hope the new gals fit right in. I remember Phyllis and her hairdo, mine looks like that now and then. Hugs

    ReplyDelete