Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spontaneous trip indeed.

How about in two day deciding to fly off for the weekend? That is what my sister and I did. Our cousin's husband had planned a surprise 25th anniversary renewing of vows and reception. He had several in on his plan and I'm still in shock he pulled it off. My cousin Julie was clueless and thought she was attending a surprise 50th birthday party for a friend at their church. I still can't believe my sister and I got tickets for Bismarck, ND 4 days before flying. I must admit we did a couple of stops on the way but it was so worth it. We surprise our aunt and what fun we had with her. I drove over 700 miles in two days visiting all kinds of relatives, seeing homesteads. Now tell me why oh why didn't I take pictures of them!!! I know there wasn't much left but some very cool old barns falling down. Where was my head???




Here is a picture of the happy couple after she got over the shock and wiped away the tears. Of course she had all of us in tears also. They had got married in the court house with a justice of peace. Her husband wanted to give her renewing of their vows in the church. He also had her wedding set repair from being cut off her broken figure 7 years ago. He borrowed the money from their kids for the repair. He knew if his wife saw funds to a jewelry store she would want to know what he was buying. Pretty clever in my book! He even ordered a small wedding cakel. It was so fun to be a part of this celebration. But I think you can see my cousin got even with her husband in the end.



So if you get a chance to be with family for special occasion; don't pass it up. Family is very important in my life from my immediate children, grandchildren, sister, brothers and to my great extended family.

As a favorite sign in my bedroom says - Because in the end it was worth it.


Enjoy June
















1 comment:

  1. I like that saying. SO nice that you could go. I bet it was such fun seeing everyone. I am getting ready to post something you might think it is funny.

    ReplyDelete